• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOONEYTHON IV - SHATLACKERY! - SHAT HAS HIT THE FAN. LAST NIGHT TONIGHT!

1,009 posts in this topic

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 31 - VF/NM - $8

The second best Star Wars artist and his second best cover in the run. Simonson made me love the series again around issue #51 for about a year or so.

CLOONeython4j0012.jpg

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 30 - VF/NM - $8

I never could figure out whose bright idea it was to give Infantino the Star Wars comic. Really wasn't there someone else out there that might have wanted to draw the stories based on the biggest movie of the decade? Don Perlin could have drawn a better C-3PO, swear to Gawd!

CLOONeython4j0011.jpg

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 46 - VF/NM - $8

Cool Vader cover on this one. Bob Budansky really could draw some cool covers. Wonder what ever happend to him.

In 2010, he was inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame for his contributions to the franchise. He was one of the first four humans inducted.

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 28 - VF/NM - $8

Wonder why they never used this cover in the American run? Could it be because Luke's is soon to envelop that guy's gun and probably entire arm? I say yes! "The is strong with this one".

CLOONeython4j0010.jpg

I never could figure out whose bright idea it was to give Infantino the Star Wars comic. Really wasn't there someone else out there that might have wanted to draw the stories based on the biggest movie of the decade? Don Perlin could have drawn a better C-3PO, swear to Gawd!

CLOONeython4j0011.jpg

The masks on this look like McQuarrie's concept drawings....

The masks on this look like McQuarrie's concept drawings....

Now that you mention it... it really does! Cool!

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 25 - VF/NM - $ 8

Always loved Tom Palmer's inks on everybody from Gene Colon to Al Williamson. He's not the worst penciler either... maybe a few perspective issues, but I could only dream to draw anywhere near as well.

CLOONeython4j0007.jpg

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 20 - VF/NM - $8

Is that Richard Hatch as Han Solo there. Is Han's hands like really huge compared to the rest of him. Has the special effects department been reduced to glueing a paperclip to a bottletop to make the small scale Millenium Falcon? if I know!

CLOONeython4j0005.jpg

STAR WARS WEEKLY # 21 - VF/NM - $8

I'm looking at Chewie carryin that Star Destoyer on his back and I'm realizing where Liefeld got the idea for Cable. :)

CLOONeython4j0004.jpg

hm

Five characters...

One foot that looks like a brown blob...

Lots of pouches...

You may just have something there (thumbs u

What a god-awful cover...if it did not say Star Wars at the top I would not recognize Luke, and I would confuse Leia with her hooker sister Lisa :doh: