• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round.

375 posts in this topic

:news::acclaim:Welcome to the Start of the March Madness Comic Grading Tournament. :acclaim::news:

There are plenty of returning veteran teams so it should be a fun and competitive tournament.

This round is to establish a won-loss record for each team so the bracket pairings can be set, so it is a bit different than future head to head games. By popular demand, I will be posting fewer books and revising the scoring for this round. The scans will be posted tonight, and the scoring and rules are listed below. In future rounds, each player will only grade 4 books per game.

The rules for this round are as follows:

1. PM me all grades in the order they are listed and write your username and location. Associate the book with the grade. No grade changes are allowed after submitting your grades. Submit all ten grades at the same time.

Below is a list you can copy and paste into your PM.

(Team (Username)) __________________ (VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME!)

Defenders #81 White

Fantastic Four #66 White

Giant- Size Creatures #1 OW-W

Iron Man #2 OW

Iron Man #69 OW

Marvel Premiere #23 OW-W

Tales of Suspense #66 OW-W

Tales of Suspense #99 Cr-OW

Thor #165 OW-W

Thor #166 OW-W

2. Grades are due by midnight March 15th.

3. Submit your location (NE, NW, SE, SW)

4. Please PM me any questions. Answers will be posted in the thread so everyone has the same info.

5. Each player’s won loss record will be determined as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1 = 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.

Current Prize List:

1. Space Adventures #13 CGC 7.0 OW-W Charlton Comics 1954.

2. X-Men #205 CGC 9.6 White Pages. Barry Windsor Smith Art- First Lady Deathstrike.

3. Platinum Series ‘Blade Trinity’ 2 DVD set and ‘Ultimate Avengers’ Animated movie DVD.

4. Defenders #1 CGC 7.5 OW-W

:news:Prizes are pouring in.... :banana::banana:

Current Prize List:

1. Space Adventures #13 CGC 7.0 OW-W Charlton Comics 1954. (NA)

2. X-Men #205 CGC 9.6 White Pages. Barry Windsor Smith Art- First Lady Deathstrike. (NA)

3. Platinum Series ‘Blade Trinity’ 2 DVD set and ‘Ultimate Avengers’ Animated movie DVD. (NA)

4. Defenders #1 CGC 7.5 OW-W (NA)

5. 5 low to mid grade Marvel Treasuries (Etanick)

6. 5 low to mid grade DC Treasuries (Etanick)

Thanks Etanick!

I like a contest where, after the seeding round, half of the contestants will be gone after the first real round.

Researchers have attributed the world wide popularity of March Madness to the fact that it is the largest major single elimination tournament in the world, thus adding to the intensity of each round. I can already feel the tension mounting in this, the largest single elimination Comic Grading Tournament in the Galaxy! :whee:

Looks like we are going to have a full field this year, so in order to allow for a wider diversity of team records which are more reflective of grading accuracy, the original scoring post has been modified as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1 = 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.