• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Better Investment - All Star 8, Sensation 1 or Wonder Woman 1
1 1

68 posts in this topic

I have owned both AS 8 (twice) and WW1 over the years, but never a Sensation 1. Damn, I almost changed that yesterday but I got outbid in the last second on a nice looking restored VF and it wasn't even a full bid, it was a 1/2 cut partial bid that beat me. :(

Grrrrrrrr!

On March 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM, skypinkblu said:

There really are Wonder Woman collectors, lol..and they are a dedicated crew...try buying one of the scarcer books when you are looking for it...like Sensation 6...can't find them at multiples of guide.

I'd pick the All Star 8

1. because it IS her first appearance

2, because it's a great cover

3. because there are other characters in the title, so other collectors might be interested (if you are thinking of investment)

If there is a tie between Sensation 1 and Wonder Woman 1, the Sensation is scarcer.

I have all three, but the All Star was the one I wanted first, so I'm sure I'm not the only one.

+1

On August 17, 2011 at 8:02 PM, CrocHntr said:

I agree with AS 8 > Sensation 1 > WW1 in that order, though I still think the Sensation #1 has the best cover of the three.

Here's mine...

sensation1.jpg

^^

On 3/14/2011 at 6:04 PM, Wong said:

If you were looking to purchase a Wonder Woman comic for investment purposes only, which one would you purchase, what grade and why? Budget of between $5,000 - $10,000. I have been looking to get grab a copy of All Star 8 for a while now, but I have been having second thoughts - she's not on the cover and it seems as though in the CGC era, books are seemingly cover-driven more than anything else. Interestingly all three seem to have similar market values.

All Star #8. First appearance. 

If I counted correctly, there are 11 copies of AS 8 on eBay right now.  I wouldn't say that the prices are reasonable on most of them, but they are easily available .  Seems like a lot of copies for the market to absorb.  It'll be interesting to see if the movie (successful or not) creates demand or if we see some softening in price.  

Also worth noting that there are seven WW1 (all but one are restored) and zero Sensation1 on eBay.  I don't think any of the three are extremely scarce (though Sen1 does seem the harder to find), so is it just 1st appearance hype and folks looking to capitalize on a hot book ($$$) that's pulling the AS8 out of the woodwork and not the others?