• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out these Grades! A Graphic Post! *DELETED*

58 posts in this topic

The TOS book has obvious stress marks on the spine that break color, and the upper left corner appears to have a "bump".

Questions:

1.) How about the back of these books? Does the back look as good as the front?

2.) Suface wear does not show up very well in scans, enough suface wear could easily downgrade either book.

Thank you Dr. Banner, I figured it out!

I noticed! Do you scan these yourself? What kind of scanner do you use?? Mine works great, but can't handle legal-size (the whole CGC case).

Nice books there..to be sure..But did you call CGC to see why their graders gave these grades..

I have talked to them concerning grades on some of my books and they are very helpful in explaining their reasons.. I would say give this a try...

The clarity of your scans is to be commended and because of this it seems that I can notice on the higher graded books that the gloss, luster and overall brilliance of the cover scan that you provided seems to be more prevelant.

I know that CGC is somewhat critical in this area when grading a book...