• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New ebay auctions sure to stir the pot!

69 posts in this topic

Now wait I have another way to look at it.

since we are sure that a CGC book brings in more money then a cgg book we need to figure things this way.

1) seller 1(Higghawker) has the book already and sells it on ebay for $100 ( just a number). He takes the $100 and invest it for a year. ( we invest this amount of time because seller 2 (Darth) is still waiting to get his book back from CGC) Now the total after a year comes to a cool $200.

2) seller 2 (Darth) a year later gets his book back from CGC (with a higher grade) sells his book on ebay. Now the book isn't hot anymore because the spiderman 2 movie is old and the run for spidey goods has slowed down a bit, but the book still sells for $150.

What does this all mean?

Who gives a 893censored-thumb.gif!!!!!!!

Just bid on my auctions!!! thumbsup2.gif

I wonder.................if I sent the cgg book into CGC slabbed as is, if it might sway the grade???? Any thoughts? Higghawker confused-smiley-013.gif

Hawker, although on average CGG appears to be a stricter grader than CGC for moderns, I would not risk a 9.9 on getting a better grade. Ya' never know, it may come back as a 9.8, a 9.9 or a 10.0. 9.9s are so rare as it is I would just stick with what you've got and sell it as is. ----Sid

The obvious question is...what were the CGC grades for these books??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Daredevil # 25.......9.0....................................9.4

here are the grades of the books that are up right now. First grade is what CGG gave them and the second one is what CGC gave them.

I bought the Daredevil 25 out of sheer curiosity to see whether I agree with the CGC or CGG grade (as well as to examine their new hard outer case). Should be interesting!