• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 64

293 posts in this topic

:news: WELCOME TO THE FOURTH ANNUAL MARCH MADNESS GRADING TOURNAMENT. :news:

ROUND OF 64 :headbang::banana:

Congratulations to Whisp, the top ranked team. There is a full field and there will be plenty of experienced veteran teams vying for the top spot also in the final four, so it should be a great tournament. :acclaim:

Pairings for the first round are below.

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Tuesday at 5:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please PM me questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Any non visible stains.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

Bracket64.jpg

Hey Noobies! Take a crowbar to your collection and liberate a prize.

These two items (HOM and X-men 1, 2, 3 DVDs) are a single prize. The X-Men DVDs are still sealed.

hom.jpg

x.jpg

This Weird #1 (Wrightson and Starlin) double cover 9.2 raw is a second, separate prize.

IMG_2076.jpg

Didn't you knock me out in the first round last year, BlowUptheMoon? It's your turn this go round :sumo::insane:

Nope, it wasn't me who took you out first round last year.

ckb1680 doubled your score. ckb1680 then went on to double TSwift25s score.

1-1.jpg