• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 64

293 posts in this topic

Have the 4 books already been posted? There are so many threads about the Grading Tournament, I have to say that I'm a little confused now.

Books have not been posted yet. I'll have them up later this afternoon when the two playin teams are determined. :acclaim:

Thanks all for the prize donations- I'll update the list. (worship)

:news: Books for the ROUND OF 64 :news:

Captain America #197 OW-W (1/4" very light NCB Crease URFC)

Fantastic Four #65 W

Fantastic Four #70 W (Ignore what appears to be a chip on the left upper edge of the back cover- probably a scan reflection.)

Tales of Suspense #82 W

Fantastic Four #65 W

Fantastic Four #70 W (Ignore what appears to be a chip on the left upper edge of the back cover- probably a scan reflection.)

Tales of Suspense #82 W

Note additional bold edit.

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Tuesday at 5:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please PM me questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Any non visible stains.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Refresher in the rules...it is going to get extremely confusing for me if the bold part is not followed, and may lead to errors in your grades being recorded.

Thanks Much.

Fantastic Four #65 W

Tales of Suspense #82 OW

Note additional bold edit.

The TOS 82 is WHITE pages! :baiting::makepoint: