• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Vintage D&D Character Sheets Here - And I know you have them!
1 1

269 posts in this topic

That was a killer end to this thread.

But update time: I few months ago I did get the ol' dice pouch out and DM'd for the first time since the 90s. Dusted off A2, the Slaver's Stockade. Had a bunch of really smart players and using the pregen tournament characters they almost rolled the thing. (the lower level) Zoomed through seven of the nine encounter areas and were still at about 90% strength. But then the net and the goblins (GOBLINS!) riding worgs and oh the humanity. Only one of the nine characters died but they were so weakened that they were then crushed in the final room.

Markessa. :cloud9:

:preach: Spell of Resurrection be cast upon thyne ancient thread  !

(and the Saving throw is successful!)

Cleaning out the last of my storage unit and came across a few really heavy boxes at the bottom. Did a quick googley-moogley and of course, the CGC boards are right at the top again.

Was huge into AD&D as well as other RPG games in my early teens, this stuff still survived in those really heavy boxes:

IMG_20190416_150726768.thumb.jpg.9ccaa990ee90ecd5ce4dbd36130eb6ba.jpg

IMG_20190416_151853740_HDR.thumb.jpg.27c60b1b9d0d9628a34c342977028c7b.jpg

IMG_20190416_150233339.thumb.jpg.bf34a69f8d9cd716ca72a714b1abbde9.jpg

IMG_20190416_152015596_HDR.thumb.jpg.f2c1773d1f2b2d96e7fac0bb085e795e.jpg

IMG_20190416_151140912.thumb.jpg.2532514dfd6381ae654cbd3dc83befcb.jpg

IMG_20190416_151023841.thumb.jpg.eef261a45ef9918d22a0449dcd8a3415.jpg

As well as boxes of lead figure sets, dried up paints and a random assortment of dice.

Still digging thru it all, likely have some character sheets to post eventually. 

Figured I'd post some nostalgia pics here before I figure out how to sell it off (if its even worth anything).

-bc

I always liked the idea of D&D, but could never get into playing the actual game. I had a couple of the manuals, the monster compendium, stuff like that, and enjoyed reading about the world. But once it came to sitting down and rolling dice, it was a big ZZZZzzzzz for me. I did enjoy the old SSI Gold Box AD&D computer games, though. Spent countless hours with Pools of Radiance, etc.

45 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I always liked the idea of D&D, but could never get into playing the actual game. I had a couple of the manuals, the monster compendium, stuff like that, and enjoyed reading about the world. But once it came to sitting down and rolling dice, it was a big ZZZZzzzzz for me. I did enjoy the old SSI Gold Box AD&D computer games, though. Spent countless hours with Pools of Radiance, etc.

We were lucky to have a great Dungeon Master who created an entire world, complete with a realistic economy (we had to pay tolls & taxes all the time along with the repair bills & restocking supplies), political & religious factions and dialects . It was more of a Tolkien style as there was a more logical ecosystem than a random wandering monster that made very little sense. The only real fault was that magical items (and gold) were more like relics - they were very few and far between and usually guarded by some intense creature. But that made it cooler when we finally got them. He had every shop in every city detailed down to the color of the rug, what's in the back pantry and art works on the wall. It made for great mental imagery.

We didn't do a lot of dice rolling until combat - most of the time it was unraveling clues or travelling to a foreign lands to retrieve a piece of a puzzle or find someone with information. He didn't like the pre-built modules because they were fairly unrealistic, so the entire campaign was home-made and really focused on character development and role playing skills.

Our DMs other hobby was building scale model ships - he built several ancient boats that were to scale to our lead figures and we would have ship-to-ship battles that would span several nights. Grab a 3 liter of Jolt cola, a bag of munchies and we'd be good to go for several hours (or all night).

Ahhh the good ole days!

-bc

On 4/17/2019 at 11:06 AM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Planning on a mini campaign this summer but going to play CV two times first--a very detailed, complicated Battle of Midway game from 1979. Now the computers take away a lot of the tedium that the old school war games had.

Am DMing a campaign but would love to be a PC in another -- pls keep me posted, man !

Edited by exitmusicblue