• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Help? What am I missing here?

37 posts in this topic

This was back in the old days when CGC posted grading notes and none are present. The edges are slightly darker but when you hold it in your hands they don't appear as drastic as sun shadows and the darkening is ever so slight. I have seen magnitudes worse on higher graded books. The four corners are faded out slightly by the scanner and the blunting is infinitesimal whan you view the book in person.

Well, I guess officially CGC loves me because my copy came back 9.6 with OWW pages. However, it has been long sold (too cheaply) to clobberintime! frown.gif

well there you have it. The dreaded non color breaking creases.

The only time I really get mad at ebay grading is when I look at a book and it appears the seller never took the book out of the bag. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does it drives me crazy. "Oh yeah, this is a VF/NM book with a five inch non color breaking crease on the front cover. Grrrr..."

stress lines

Ahhh...yes, the "invisible" stress lines that don't show up on white cover books but are killers on black cover books. Is Spidey 28 really tougher in true high grade than Spidey 23, or do the spine stresses show more prominently on the 28, thusly making it "appear" in lower grade than a Spidey 23 with comparable spine stress? I say a 1/16" spine stress is a stress is a stress, and from the grade on this book, I guess CGC agrees!