• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Rae & The curious case of the Mike Royer light-boxed artworks . . .

694 posts in this topic

Actually I've followed the ebay auctions and Richard CAF for a while that's why I allowed myself to intervene on the subject ...

You know your red angry smiley gives me the creeps .....

:luhv:

I've been on that angry smiley for years...never occurred to me to change it.

Hopefully not as a result of something I've said to you in the past?

I'm in enough trouble with the comic-book guys who've invaded this forum as it is! lol

No it was more of a general life-style choice.

"I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna take any more" (or something like that was in one of the late Sidney Lumet's movies).

“... but as I said, I feel 50% responsible for being too gullible and not asking more before.

Thanks for your interest and help.”

Needless to say, I feel gutted for my friend.

Terry,

I don't think I agree with your friend's assessment that he's 50% responsible. While I certainly understand his embarrassment, he plays into the hands of a borderline conman when he doesn't demand a reversal of the trade.

Any OA trader worth his salt should be falling all over himself to try to make things right if he's aware his trade partner is truly unhappy.

IMHO.

Andrew

I don't disagree with you, Andrew.

The problem is, my friend lives in Europe and Richard Rae lives in Australia.

Given the geographical locations, I very much doubt that Rae would feel inclined to make things right (you just have to read the text that accompanies his lightbox offerings to realise that the guy has no shame).

If it was me, and in the same country as Rae - I'd have no problem paying him a personal visit to reverse the trade.

With respect I see nothing curious about the fact that Mike is an amazing artist in his own right...and I make no suggestion that Jack ever touched Mike's drawings or that there are any of Jack's pencil art under Mike's great light-boxed originals...in fact it's sad that Jack can't see just what a fantastic job his friend Mike did to finish his drawings...because I believe that Jack would of loved what Mike did...I'm sure of that.

The details regarding Joan are misleading...to say the least...further my comments regarding "blue-blood" Kirby collectors remains true...that's what they are...I say it as I'd call a duck a duck or a frog a frog...they are what they are...nothing wrong with that.

Now I'm not a big believer in talking behind someones back, I'm a face to face kind of guy...so if you have an problems I can help you sort out then just ask me.

With respect I see nothing curious about the fact that Mike is an amazing artist in his own right...and I make no suggestion that Jack ever touched Mike's drawings or that there are any of Jack's pencil art under Mike's great light-boxed originals...in fact it's sad that Jack can't see just what a fantastic job his friend Mike did to finish his drawings...because I believe that Jack would of loved what Mike did...I'm sure of that.

The details regarding Joan are misleading...to say the least...further my comments regarding "blue-blood" Kirby collectors remains true...that's what they are...I say it as I'd call a duck a duck or a frog a frog...they are what they are...nothing wrong with that.

Now I'm not a big believer in talking behind someones back, I'm a face to face kind of guy...so if you have an problems I can help you sort out then just ask me.

Question for you, Dicky . . .

Why did Mike Royer lightbox Kirby's signature onto those pieces (and the same with Sal Buscema lightboxing Steranko's signature) and not make any note to the fact that the art was 'after Kirby'?.

Did you ask them (Royer and Buscema) to specifically make joint-signatures (without proper notation as to how the art was actually created)?

And it was only after prolonged complaints by other collectors that you chose to amend your CAF descriptions to say that Kirby never had any physical involvement in the Royer pieces. Coming clean was a reluctant and long drawn-out process for you . . .

The details regarding Joan are misleading...to say the least...

I quoted directly from Joan's e-mail to me.

But I guess it's a case of Joan being wrong about you . . . Brian Howard being wrong about you . . . Glen Brunswick being wrong about you . . . me being wrong about you . . . :gossip:

Heck, you're a real stand-up guy! :whee:

Now lets take your rubbish one item at a time...first off I've never had anything to do with "Buscema"...never even owned any of his art...this is a perfect example of you getting details wrong...but that doesn't stop you because your right and everyone else must march to the tune of the "Terry-Police"...you just forget that most problems have more than just one point of view but you don't care...you'll fight for your friends, right or wrong because you are the boss...your in charge and every one must follow your rules...well...until now.

If Brian, Joan or anyone has a problem with me then they need to talk to me, because that is the only way problems get sorted...when the people involved start talking...and the only problem you "Terry" and I have is I will not play by the rules you have invented.

Please forward me a "un-abriged" copy of Joans email and I'll take the matter directly up with Joan...not you.

Same go's for the others...

I relation to Jack's signature...I have no idea as I didn't commision the art.

Any other stupid questions please just ask...while your "trying" to give me a hard time at least your leaving some else alone.

This thread is frustrating. 24 hour plus gaps in responses.

It's like watching people fight via telegraph. :slapfight:

Mr.Rae has taken control...and as it should be I devide power between you all...including you comix4fun

I was going to ask for Australia, like Lex Luthor did in Superman 2, but I assume you have dibs.

Also Terry...I suggest you concider to stop using child like nick names...it does not help with anything.

And this is coming from someone who calls me 'Tessa'???

Here's one of your own idiotic messages that you affixed to my TALES TO ASTONISH # 98 cover (on display in my CAF - just follow the link at the foot of this response):

Richard Rae said:

Hey Terry...I note you have listed this cover as NFS...but then you say "This original is being offered for sale for a limited time only"...so how much do you want for it?...as "some" CAF members are known to kill the original comic art industry by over pricing the art ( I'm sure you're not one of those guys)...so please come clean and simply answer my honest comment here...how much Tessa?

To which I replied:

Ah, Richie-boy . . . if you re-read my description, the information tells you everything you need to know. The cover was offered for sale for a limited time. The NFS tag should tell you that that time has elapsed. As for honesty . . . honesty and Richard Rae are not a successful partnership.

Posted on 3/29/2011

...waiting....

Any intelligent person would be aware of a little thing like a time differential between countries . . . which I guess excludes you, Dickie.

If you bear with me, I'll take the greatest of pleasures in systematically responding to you.

And don't kid yourself, collectors have been well aware of your deceptions . . . long before I picked up on them

You're fooling no-one here with your false bravado . . .