• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful when you're pressing glued spine books...

21 posts in this topic

...and always make sure to check if there are plastic pages inserted inside before exposing to heat.

Just sayin'.......

:whistle:

You activated the glue and the plastic stuck to the book (tsk) you have much to learn my young friend.

...and always make sure to check if there are plastic pages inserted inside before exposing to heat.

Just sayin'.......

:whistle:

You activated the glue and the plastic stuck to the book (tsk) you have much to learn my young friend.

Oh, I'm not saying what I did or didn't do.... :insane:

But yes, heat and pressure activates glue. That seems rather obvious stated out like that, but....no damage, and the tiny glob just picked off when cold again. Further experimentation on trashed books yielded some fun results. The beauty of paying attention to what is happening ensured that no valuable books were harmed in the process. :)

Everybody's gotta learn somehow. Not bad, when you consider the results of my last sub (see DD #158 9.8, GR #1 9.4, etc.)

:grin:

And I guarantee you, there have been no waffles.....

To be fair, who knew there was plastic inside an X-O Database...?

I shouldn't say I'm stunned, and should know better, but the SECOND that $250 sale hit for the VoB, the census went from 5 9.8s to 61.

Cuh-RAZY.

Now it's up to 73.

:screwy:

And when the hype is over it will be back to the low double digits. :tonofbricks:

I shouldn't say I'm stunned, and should know better, but the SECOND that $250 sale hit for the VoB, the census went from 5 9.8s to 61.

Cuh-RAZY.

Now it's up to 73.

:screwy:

And when the hype is over it will be back to the low double digits. :tonofbricks:

Which is when I'll replace mine.

Speaking of glued spine books. Are they more likely to fall apart inside a slab, given the passage of time. Than a stapled comic?

The answer is yes, of course.

But how long can square bound books they stay glued together if slabbed? Too long for me to worry about? Of course, there is nothing anyone could do about it anyway, I guess.

Anyone know what the first glues comic book was and if any of them have survived intact? ie: still together?