• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My humble Spider-man collection

186 posts in this topic

thank you guys for the wonderful comments!!!!

Now I have a question I have the oppurtunity to possibly get the Mark Bagley inked by either Mark Morales or Art Thibert, which would be the better option?

SpideyGoblincvr.jpg

Is Mark the same as "Rags" Morales? "Rags" is a great inker.

But, me personally, I'd go with Thibert as I thought he was outstanding inking Bagley on USM. I really thought once he left a book, the art dropped off considerably.

damn 2 votes for Thibert and 2 votes for Morales! I need more votes :P

and Mark Morales is different from Rags Morales, Mark is known most to inking Jim Cheung, Olivier Coipel and at times Steve McNiven and Leinil Yu whereas Art did ink the first 53 issues of Ultimate Spider-man with Bagley... one is more because I feel Morales would give a lot of pop and possibly cool effects that would really be different but then Art is just pure Bagley and they've worked together a lot

In my experience the inker will create the blue line for you from a high resolution scan (say 400dpi). It's really just a print of the piece in cyan and they ink on top of it.

So, if they agree, all you do is get a 400 dpi scan and e-mail it to them. They send you back the inked piece.