• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Stevens

67 posts in this topic

I tried contacting him through his DeviantArt page a few days ago, but my message is still unread. Anyone know of an alternative means to get in contact with him? Thanks for any help!

try through comicartfans. he seems to get back to you pretty quickly. i can tell you if your asking about a commission there's around 12 people in line and the wait considering that could be a bit lengthy but well worth it

Yeah, I wanted to get a commission lined up with him and I don't mind waiting. Tired of seeing everyone else with all these kickass pieces. lol

I'll try through comicartfans.

Right on, I just got on the list last month. I'm cool with the wait as well knowing it will be totally worth it

I have no doubt it will be worth it. (thumbs u

In the meantime...anyone have a Chris Stevens piece they'd like to sell? lol But seriously... :baiting:

Great to hear Lebowski! What did you request or are you keeping that a secret until it's completed :)

Not sure if you've seen my Chris Stevens collection but I have two of his recent published Marvel covers along with a published pin-up and 3 commissions (all pen & ink). While Chris' copic marker pieces are beautifully done, my personal preference is for pen & ink.

You can see my Chris Stevens CAF gallery here -

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=50052

try through comicartfans.

Thanks again for the tip. Just heard back from him. On the list for me! :whee:

Lovely commission and I posted an earlier complimentary comment at your CAF gallery :) Wait till you see it "in person"!

My commission just finished and I should be getting it soon! I posted in the original commission collecting thread, but here is my Chris Stevens piece again. God I love this thing!

Michonne

Great to hear Lebowski! What did you request or are you keeping that a secret until it's completed :)

Not really a secret, just undecided. I've got it down to three choices and I think he's only ever done one of them. I do want to get something he doesn't get a bunch of requests for...

My commission just finished and I should be getting it soon! I posted in the original commission collecting thread, but here is my Chris Stevens piece again. God I love this thing!

Michonne

Yeah, saw that piece on CAF. Awesome!

what are his general rates?

I think all those single figure pieces you are seeing posted are around $400.

Yep, that's the correct price for a full figure piece ($400.00). I chatted with Chris yesterday and asked for his current commission info and this is what he provided:

"My single character 11 by 17 greyscale pieces are $400. $200 for each additional character. I do 11 by 14 busts for $200 as well. I'm currently working on a wait list. No money up front to get on the list, but a 50% deposit when I'm ready to start on your piece."

Hope that additional info helped :) Best,

Royd

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

Royd,

Thanks for the information!

One further question, if I may: Do you happen to know what Mr. Stevens charges, by comparison, for a convention sketch? I'm trying to decide if I want to go the con sketch route or go for a full-blown convention and that piece might help aid my decision. :)

Thanks,

casl

Hi Carlos!

I'll check with Chris and get back to you (unless someone else replies first) although he doesn't attend many conventions. However, he does attend Heroes Con every year if that's one which you also attend? Best,

Royd

Royd,

Thanks for the information!

One further question, if I may: Do you happen to know what Mr. Stevens charges, by comparison, for a convention sketch? I'm trying to decide if I want to go the con sketch route or go for a full-blown convention and that piece might help aid my decision. :)

Thanks,

casl