• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

Gen 13 still has a special place in my heart. My Gen 13 memorabilia (slabs, posters, toys, statues, etc.) will get a prominent place in my new comic room when I start setting it up in a few months.

IMG_4735_zpsjujcvq7z.jpg

I also have a couple of 9.8's and a news stand 9.8 (which is pretty much impossible, and I searched for a looooong time to find a raw one to slab)

This is probably one of very few books that was huge in the 90's that hasn't made a comeback yet. I have faith.

I have a newsstand 2nd print #1. I remember buying it at a Woolworth's when I was younger.

They can be had out of dollar bins at this point. Only one I have trouble finding with regularity is the Wildcats one. Or maybe it was Union?

I think I remember seeing someone on here post a bunch of them that they had slabbed. Sadly, I think slabbing these though make them less cool because you can't lay them out together anymore afterwards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=8527259&Searchpage=3&Main=375675&Words=Mayor006&topic=0&Search=true#Post8527259

:hi:

I'm three books away from the complete 9.8 universal blue set. I know of at least one 9.8 SS set being worked on as well. I can't help but pick these up when I see them. I know I can make at least 3 complete sets raw.

One of the two Universal 9.8s and the SS 9.8 are both copies I subbed.

If you guys want a 9.8, there's the "Wizard Authentic Edition" (which has no business being in a blue slab, but whatevs) for $200 on eBay. It's not mine, and $200 for a 9.8 copy of this book is not bad at all, for a book that is not ever going to be easy to find (unless you have access to my boxes. :D )

Seriously, though, because it was so thin and cheap, the spine split. You all know to what I refer. White, white, white as far as the eye can see.

The only reason I have 9.8s at all is because I bought most of Wizard's stock when they sold in 2007. I have probably 200 copies, and only about 10-15 of those were legit 9.8 quality, from which the two slabs came.

PS. The SS copy is for sale... :shy:

One of the two Universal 9.8s and the SS 9.8 are both copies I subbed.

If you guys want a 9.8, there's the "Wizard Authentic Edition" (which has no business being in a blue slab, but whatevs) for $200 on eBay. It's not mine, and $200 for a 9.8 copy of this book is not bad at all, for a book that is not ever going to be easy to find (unless you have access to my boxes. :D )

Seriously, though, because it was so thin and cheap, the spine split. You all know to what I refer. White, white, white as far as the eye can see.

The only reason I have 9.8s at all is because I bought most of Wizard's stock when they sold in 2007. I have probably 200 copies, and only about 10-15 of those were legit 9.8 quality, from which the two slabs came.

PS. The SS copy is for sale... :shy:

That guy who is selling that 1/2 been buying up gen 13's on eBay and trying to resell them but little does he know it's a niche market

*Casts Thread Resurrection*

Look what I just won tonight, five years to the month after you all got done chatting about these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-NM-M-Gen-13-1-Rare-Unsigned-Campbell-Chromium-Variant-Danger-Girl-3-95-/264722195307?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=KP6gQLPbgXLvUeXzPdPXXgVetwU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Based on the thread, I still don't understand the story of the Red Boxes. I read some came with signed Chromium variant and others unsigned. Did this ever get cleared up? I would love to know the truth behind the unsigned chromium puzzle.

LOL, nice. The red AP boxes were supposed to be limited to 1,000 and the Chromium cover unsigned. Also supposedly there were some sketches inserted on the sketch covers but I don't know anyone that pulled one. That's a great get though. Enjoy it!

That's a cool cover. I don't remember seeing that one back in the day.

I liked Gen 13. But the delays killed it for me. At least I remember going in a comic shop and always asking if a few titles came out and they were always late it seemed. But I remember a pretty girl liking the cover to I think Gen 13 #2 or #3. I think that's the first and only time a girl said something about a comic I was reading. But that was in the 90s and comics were still very geeky I think.

10 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

That's a cool cover. I don't remember seeing that one back in the day.

I liked Gen 13. But the delays killed it for me. At least I remember going in a comic shop and always asking if a few titles came out and they were always late it seemed. But I remember a pretty girl liking the cover to I think Gen 13 #2 or #3. I think that's the first and only time a girl said something about a comic I was reading. But that was in the 90s and comics were still very geeky I think.

And how did things end up with said pretty girl?