• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Limited Series (1982)

5 posts in this topic

Just curious about #1

I've been looking into buying the Wolverine limited series from 1982 and I've noticed that some of the #1s have the price in a diamond surrounded by black whereas others have the price in a rectangle box. Is there a difference in rarity or does one signify something? I've tried looking it up but with no luck so any help would be much appreciated.

See more journals by mikelutes

Just curious about #1

I've been looking into buying the Wolverine limited series from 1982 and I've noticed that some of the #1s have the price in a diamond surrounded by black whereas others have the price in a rectangle box. Is there a difference in rarity or does one signify something? I've tried looking it up but with no luck so any help would be much appreciated.

See more journals by mikelutes

the black diamond also has the UK price. i don't know if these were just sent to the UK, since i've seen a lot of issues in the US. so maybe the US got both and the UK only got the diamond version?

This isn't actually limited to just Wolverine LS #1 - this happens on pretty much all Marvel books from this age (about 1979-1982 if I'm not mistaken). I honestly don't know if there's a difference in distribution or print run, but I don't believe one commands a premium over the other.

I personally enjoy the black diamond better. If anyone knows if these can be considered a UK price variant, please let me know.

this isn't really rare at all... marvel did this to distinguish between distribution types, direct market or newstand. all direct market editions have the black diamond and spidey's head in the lower left. all newstand editions have the price and then the bar code at lower left. what would be rare or a true variant would be if the combinations were switched, but i have not heard rumors or talk of these existing.

true UK editions would have a pound symbol very promenently showcased and no black diamond.