• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best gloves for handling comics when grading?

30 posts in this topic

The one I just posted is from a collection of 209 HG Undergrounds... at some point I need to get off my butt and submit a bunch of them...

Was your Funnybook 1 better or worse?

I've noticed that no matter how well you wash your hands before handling comics, there is always the potential for transfer of skin oils to the surface of the covers. This is not as noticeable when handling a comic with even a slight bit of cover gloss, but, is very noticeable if handling a comic where your fingers come into contact with a gloss-less area. A flat black area being the most noticeable. Because of this, I no longer handle any comic other than a low-grade reading copy without the use of latex gloves.

I'm hoping for an 8.0-9.0, somewhere in that range. Bought it at Baltimore, along with a first print Zap 3 and a first print Harold Hedd.

BTW, I'd be interested in first print Cherrys, if you have them.

My personal recommendation is Safeskin PF Preferred powder-free textured latex exam gloves made by Kimberly-Clark. They are about $8.00 for a two pack of 100 gloves (total 200) at Costco. IMO, 4 cents a glove is definitely worth it.

Something to consider is the rubber gloves will give you a better grip on the book. If you are using cotton gloves and holding a book with your palm facing up, you may end up dropping it as you tilt the angle of the book to examine it.

Ted