• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Collection and My Life in the Pop Culture World

78 posts in this topic

My Incredible Hulk #180-182 Editions!

th_CanadaTPB.jpgth_FrenchCanada180.jpgth_Spain181.jpgth_FrenchCanada182.jpgth_Mexico182.jpg

I have a very exciting trade coming up with a very good comic friend of mine, involving these four comics. I will be receiving these in CGC SS. These will not be here until late 2012 or early 2013, but it will be totally worth the wait. :cloud9:

th_UK180.jpgth_UK2180.jpgth_UK2181.jpgth_UK181.jpg

Greece - Super hard to find. Got this courtesy of Define999, my buddy Matt! Upon research it was discovered that these Greek issues are so rare that I decided to get it signed on the interior cover. To be honest, I sort of wish I had kept it on the front cover since I will never see the signature but I am still happy with it.

Greece-CGCSS60.jpg

Too bad CGC can't spell in Greek. They seem to have missed the N.

Cheap Shot in a great thread.

Well done mate - you must be very proud.

:eyeroll: You've got to work hard to make that a cheap shot...unless you are in CGC's QA/QC department. Liaton-9000 got it right.

FWIW, I went to Bonaire for vacation this year and looked for any comics but didn't find a single one.

love this thread man

how do you decide which ones you'll get signed? or is the eventual goal to have everything signed?

Continuing to update my website... It's almost fully updated with my current collection, minus the contents of a package from the Netherlands I received a few days ago and an Australian package that is being held up at customs.

The for sale page is done for now, and the Want to Buy page is being worked on right now! I don't know if it will ever be complete. Even after I'm done this project, I am going to move on to other projects such as the goal to collect every singe Bongo publication in CGC 9.8 and various Marvel slab runs, and Archie runs and I will likely use the WTB page for those.

I am skimming through various websites, and I am STILL discovering new comics :cloud9:

http://foreigncomicbooks.yolasite.com/

I've been thinking a lot lately about my comic focuses, and one thing that I've been thinking about in a more serious way is collecting SS similar to the way Rich Henn does. It seems to me that signed books are his forte and his collection consists pretty much entirely of high grade or hard-to-find, or just generally awesome signatures from great creators.

I have grown to admire this collection and collecting style and recently I have been growing bored of simple blue labels on common books.

This book is the perfect example:

Spider-Man20CGC98-1.jpg

This book is common as heck and dirt cheap, but the cover is fairly well done and I love the colours. Overall, a really nice book to have!

This is a different case with these:

Diabolico1CGC10.jpgArchiesWorldnnCGC94-1.jpg

Both are really rare, and are completely fine for me to have in blue label.

I always have loved Blue Label CGC, but I think I'm going to take a step forward. Perhaps it's time for me to start collecting Yellow Labels. I've always loved the SS books I do have.

Thoughts?

Hi Liam, just found your diary. :)

Greece - Super hard to find. Got this courtesy of Define999, my buddy Matt! Upon research it was discovered that these Greek issues are so rare that I decided to get it signed on the interior cover. To be honest, I sort of wish I had kept it on the front cover since I will never see the signature but I am still happy with it.

Greece-CGCSS60.jpg

Too bad CGC can't spell in Greek. They seem to have missed the N.

It’s not "bad", it’s quite embarassing: they wrote "Enaitep" (a senseless word, in latin letters), while "Σπαïντερ" appears a transliteration in greek, as it is spelled, more or less, "Spainter". :P