• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Collection and My Life in the Pop Culture World

78 posts in this topic

One thing I've noticed about my collection recently is that it's not so much steady, or "permanent" anymore. What I mean by that is that the majority of my collection is at a point where I would be happy to sell it to get money for other comics. There are, of course, those in my collection that I consider lifelong treasures and I think those are the ones I'm going to focus on in this Journal.

The exception, of course, will be when I grab a good deal off of eBay and feel like bragging about it here :headbang:

My Amazing Spider-Man #129 Foreign Editions as of right now:

th_Belgium.jpgth_Brazil-18.jpgth_Denmark-4.jpgth_Canada-CGCSS.jpgth_Columbia.jpgth_ItalyReprint.jpgth_Germany-5.jpgth_Mexico-CGCSS-1.jpgth_ItalyMagazine.jpgth_Italy-CGCSS-1.jpgth_Portugal-3.jpgth_Spain-10.jpgth_Sweden-15.jpgth_UK-6.jpg

These are awesome, Liam.

Thanks Sean! I am in the process of finding the two Greek editions and another Italian edition, as well as what I believe is a Bulgarian edition. Gonna be tough but it's so much fun!

Hmmm, what to post, what to post, what to post... hm

The completed Amazing Spider-Man #252 foreign set! :whee: Well, I say completed but in reality the set isn't finished until they are all signed and graded. It will be a process spanning like 3+ years but I am certainly willing to wait as I grow this among other collections.

:grin:

th_Brazil-21.jpgth_CanadianPriceVariant-5.jpgth_Czechoslvakia-2.jpgth_Denmark-7.jpgth_Finland-CGCSS30-1.jpgth_France-CGCSS50-1.jpgth_FranceAlbum-CGCSS75-1.jpgth_FrenchCanada-1.jpgth_Germany-CGCSS75.jpgth_Greece-CGCSS60-1.jpgth_Hungary-6.jpgth_Italy-CGCSS65-1.jpgth_Mexico-9.jpgth_Netherlands-7.jpgth_Norway-1.jpgth_Spain-CGCSS45-1.jpgth_Sweden-19.jpgth_UK-8.jpgth_US-CGCSS90-1.jpgth_USReprint-1.jpg

The completed Amazing Spider-Man #252 foreign set! :whee: Well, I say completed but in reality the set isn't finished until they are all signed and graded. It will be a process spanning like 3+ years but I am certainly willing to wait as I grow this among other collections.

th_Brazil-21.jpgth_CanadianPriceVariant-5.jpgth_Czechoslvakia-2.jpgth_Denmark-7.jpgth_Finland-CGCSS30-1.jpgth_France-CGCSS50-1.jpgth_FranceAlbum-CGCSS75-1.jpgth_FrenchCanada-1.jpgth_Germany-CGCSS75.jpgth_Greece-CGCSS60-1.jpgth_Hungary-6.jpgth_Italy-CGCSS65-1.jpgth_Mexico-9.jpgth_Netherlands-7.jpgth_Norway-1.jpgth_Spain-CGCSS45-1.jpgth_Sweden-19.jpgth_UK-8.jpgth_US-CGCSS90-1.jpgth_USReprint-1.jpg

this is freaking amazing. did you get the Mark Jeweler's Variant too? That one has long eluded me. Or do you consider that to be the same since the cover appears to be the same?

this is freaking amazing. did you get the Mark Jeweler's Variant too? That one has long eluded me. Or do you consider that to be the same since the cover appears to be the same?

Thanks so much! I actually had no idea there was a Mark Jewler's edition of this issue - I am definitely interested. I consider it to be different seeing as it was distributed at military bases, which technically counts as the States but if I can include the 2000's reprint, I can include that one :cloud9:

I will still consider the collection complete since I have each country's issue, but if that issue comes up for the right price I will definitely pick it up and get it signed.

I had a chance to buy it at Comic Con a back in like 2004 or 2005, but the condition was like VG and the guy wanted like $200+. I had no idea if that was good price, and thought for sure I'd get another crack at it a later date, but haven't seen one since (although I haven't looked that hard to be fair). My guess is that its pretty rare, but you are probably resourceful to have collected all those foreign comics and got them signed. GOOD LUCK bro!

Greece - Super hard to find. Got this courtesy of Define999, my buddy Matt! Upon research it was discovered that these Greek issues are so rare that I decided to get it signed on the interior cover. To be honest, I sort of wish I had kept it on the front cover since I will never see the signature but I am still happy with it.

Greece-CGCSS60.jpg

Too bad CGC can't spell in Greek. They seem to have missed the N.

Cheap Shot in a great thread.

Well done mate - you must be very proud.