• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"production stains" or "missing word balloons"

6 posts in this topic

If you arent up front that its missing some word balloons it can break a deal. You can have the word balloons replaced, rescanning the published art and a little photoshop magic can to the job. Many people including me collect comic art for the story and without the word balloons (why I dont buy most comic art produced in the last 15 years). Production stains aren't as big a deal. More times when there is exccessive whiteout that may effect the price.

Re: Production Stains

You can get the piece cleaned. A paper restorer can do the job without much effort. Over on the comicart-l there have been a few recommendations and I'm sure that you could contact a major museum in your area for a name.

A good cleaning can make a lot of difference, I'm really glad that I had my S&S cleaned and the overlays removed and reattached (eliminating the glue stains):

Before

After

Here are a two that others have mentioned - I don't know either of them personally.

Gordon Christman

760-439-7970

Email: ggc2K@hotmail.com

Tracy Heft

Eclipse Paper

trace@eclipsepaper.com