• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay user bongo2001, and mydadsextras

146 posts in this topic

I sold an $80 book to bongo2001 on eBay last month...invoiced him twice (once after the auction ended and again seven days later), and sent a follow-up inquiry on the tenth day to see if he received the invoice...he paid me soon after I sent the follow-up inquiry.

Like others have said, he's a bit slow in paying and I don't know if I'll ever receive feedback from him, but all worked out well.

I'd sell to him again, but if you want/need immediate payment for books you'll most likely be disappointed...

Bongo game through for me. Although it was 12 days after the auction, he did make good on about $2,500 worth of books.

Give him a couple more days.

Congrats but I won't wait 12 days to be paid without any communication, that's just milking it too long. Just a question for seasoned EBay sellers; if a guy doesn't pay me after 10-14 days and makes no attempt to communicate with me I just a soon cancel the transaction and move on. I know from reading EBay's policies there is a 45 day window but there is no way in hell I'm going to wait that long to make a formal get lost notice to the buyer. Would I be out of line cancelling a sale if payment doesn't arrive after 10-14 days?

Edited by Silver Surfer

yer all lucky bongo is very active bidding on auctions. It's helping your selling price, even in auctions he doesn't win.

Sounds as if he pays, I wouldn't be too quick to bite him.

i'd rather have the books sell at prices he didn't bid, rather than wait for 22 days and counting now for payment with no communication at all thus far. :boo:

yer all lucky bongo is very active bidding on auctions. It's helping your selling price, even in auctions he doesn't win.

Sounds as if he pays, I wouldn't be too quick to bite him.

i'd rather have the books sell at prices he didn't bid, rather than wait for 22 days and counting now for payment with no communication at all thus far. :boo:

Well your too gracious, I would have pulled the plug on the deal a long time ago.

I've sold several books to him and he typically takes 3-4 weeks to pay, I believe I did file one NPB once to get him to pay.

And I just sold a few more slabs to him 2 weeks ago...no response yet, but I'm used to it and I have to say it's a little annoying but I do appreciate his repeat business and the fact that he does always pay...eventually.

If you take a look at his bidding history it's amazing he can pay at all...his buying is prolific and has been for many, many months...he must drop a minimum of $10K a month on ebay alone. Must have a TON of disposable income or is flipping the books elsewhere...