• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
19 19

1,020 posts in this topic

Well, I guess my collection mostly comes out of 25-50 cent box, dollar and $2 boxes at shows and shops, so it is entirely possible that what I have has already been picked over by the people selling the books who pulled out and re-priced the MJs beyond my comfort zone. with that said, the shop I bought a ton of books out of I never remember seeing anything ever labelled as a MJ. Double covers even less for me. I have randomly gotten maybe 3 or 4 over the years. I have a lot of frigging comics though. The bulk of my MJs came from a lot on ebay where the seller didn't even mention they were MJs.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:03 AM, comixry said:

This MJ ad is the first I've seen. It is not an insert but rather a regular print ad in the comic (Gold Key Harlem Globetrotters #1). Does CGC denote this one as a MJ advertisement?

IMG-2238.jpg.b05a082fd930340fe80aee58eec02e46.jpg

Only books with the inserts are noted by CGC (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Got this sweet copy in a small iron man lot from eBay recently. Star stamp and mark jewelers double whammy 

Nice. You don't often see them in a circle do you

Capture.PNG.65fed2d11c7cf7ec8983e8a818aa8c77.PNG

On 5/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, the blob said:

Well, I guess my collection mostly comes out of 25-50 cent box, dollar and $2 boxes at shows and shops, so it is entirely possible that what I have has already been picked over by the people selling the books who pulled out and re-priced the MJs beyond my comfort zone. with that said, the shop I bought a ton of books out of I never remember seeing anything ever labelled as a MJ. Double covers even less for me. I have randomly gotten maybe 3 or 4 over the years. I have a lot of frigging comics though. The bulk of my MJs came from a lot on ebay where the seller didn't even mention they were MJs.

I was stuck down in south Oregon last week and actually went into a shop that had 2 full longboxes all labeled as mark jewelers copies.  Never seen a shop mark a book MJ, let alone have 2 sorted longboxes of them.  All the books were 2-3$, so not bad price-wise.  I pulled a cap 286, cause deathlok rocks :)

On 11/5/2020 at 3:06 AM, waaaghboss said:

I was stuck down in south Oregon last week and actually went into a shop that had 2 full longboxes all labeled as mark jewelers copies.  Never seen a shop mark a book MJ, let alone have 2 sorted longboxes of them.  All the books were 2-3$, so not bad price-wise.  I pulled a cap 286, cause deathlok rocks :)

Nice.  It is very rare to see someone actually pull them out like that.  Thanks for mentioning it. 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice. You don't often see them in a circle do you

Capture.PNG.65fed2d11c7cf7ec8983e8a818aa8c77.PNG

True, you don't normally see the star with the circle around it.  But I have approximately 1,000 DC jeweler variants, and I would say I've seen this type of star stamp on at least 10 of them.