• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Anaheim sketches

7 posts in this topic

My big purchase was a Tommy Castillo commission of a zombie poker dealer, however there were a lot of artists there that got my attention.

My first and easiest purchases at the convention were from Sean Dietrich. I wasn't familiar with him but I loved the style and variety of his work. I love the two sketches I got from him and at $30 a piece, it feels like a steal.

I asked him to give me something involving playing cards. He went well beyond what I expected with this one of Nixon cheating Hunter Thompson at poker.

scan0001.jpg

The other one we got for the classroom. We wanted something involving my wife tormenting kids to read or do their work at school. He came up with the idea for a "The Wall" theme with her putting kids in a meat grinder, but I balked at hanging a picture of us killing students in our classroom and he came up with a great compromise.

scan0002.jpg

WOW PK! 30$?! Those are great!

I agree. At those prices I'd expect to be getting a caricature at the county fair.

We like his work so much, we will be working with him to design a series of pieces for a sleeve of tattoos for my wife. (Cost was not a factor in deciding on the art for that, she just really likes his work. We planned on paying much more once she found an artist she liked.)

Nice stuff, hope the artist show up at Long Beach Comic Con later this year.

How much does Ethan Van Sciver charge for sketches?

$60 for head sketches and I believe $240 for full figure.