• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another member has my slab certification no. on their set

4 posts in this topic

I purchased a slab quite some time ago and the comics were just

added recently as a new set to the registry. When I went to add this comic to my set, I got the message it was already in use by another member. I know this happens quite alot because sellers on eBay use the same pic of a slab to sell multiple copies of the same comic. I'm sure the member listed the cert. no. from the eBay auction, but it belongs to me, not him.

I've contacted the member twice now with no reply... what steps should I take now if I do not hear from the member soon?

• Administrator

When a comic is submitted for the Registry and it is already registered to another user, we send a message to the original user requesting that they release the comic. The entry sits in a location where registry administrators can see that it is pending. If the original owner does not respond within a week, the administrator will manually transfer the comic to the new owner and an email will automatically be sent to both parties confirming the transfer.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1673006#Post1673006

• Administrator

You can send me an e-mail with a photo of the slabbed comic and some dated material (dated website or newspaper) and I will administratively transfer the comic to your set. Normally this is just a mis-understanding, however and the other user is mistaking one certification number for another.