• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

Are those Aurora super hero models vintage or repos?

Those Aurora kits are all vintage, unbuilt originals. The only kit in my model cabinet that's a repro is the Revell Surfite which I'm keeping as a placeholder until I get an original. I've posted many more pictures of my model kit and other collections in the Comic Room thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1623360&fpart=298

;)

Edited by Hepcat

...Jeezus!,...some of those are very frickin rare,...I know the Tonto and Wonder Woman are uber-scarce,...rumor had it that Aurora lost the mold on both of them, and they weren't reproduced in the early 70's with the rest of the line,...and it looks like you have the original skinny box monsters too,...before they went glow in the dark,...I'm very imrpessed,...and jealous!!

Yes, all the Aurora monsters are the original long box versions. I've been pecking away at my collection of model kits for very nearly thirty years now but there are still high priority kits that have eluded me, such as Aurora Mummy's Chariot and Revell Scuz-Fink, all this time.

:(

The Bride of Frankenstein came out later than the first six kits and was advertised in DC Comics with the Witch which was the other kit issued at the same time. I have both the Bride and the Forgotten Prisoner but not the Guillotine:

ModelCabinetAuroraKits.jpg

HepcatAuroraMonsterKits.jpg

HepcatLookinginsidekits.jpg

:cool:

Hepcat, an awesome collection of stuff ! I love the varied interests. I think we are in the same age group and I share many of the same collecting hobbies as you. Besides comics, I collect some non-sports cards from the 60's. I have a complete set of the Civil War News and Mars Attacks(though my checklist card is marked). I collect vinyl LP's, 45's, and 45 picture sleeves from the 60's. I also collect sheet music and concert ticket stubs from the 60's. I am also a big collector of anything Beatles. It appears this is where we differ as I saw nothing in your collections Beatles related ?

You collect bealtes stuff..well aren't you cooler now..

lol I sold my collection yrs ago but was glad it went to someone who would appreciate it and not someone who would sell it off for a mint..but he got an awesome deal..I had collected beatles stuff prior to collecting comic books..having a Beatle's last name as my maiden name..it was an obvious collection choice..all I have left now is heaps of newpaper clippings

I collect vinyl LP's, 45's, and 45 picture sleeves from the 60's. I also collect sheet music and concert ticket stubs from the 60's. I am also a big collector of anything Beatles. It appears this is where we differ as I saw nothing in your collections Beatles related ?

I have complete sets of the Topps Hard Day's Night, Beatles Color Photos and Beatles' Diary cards and almost all the Topps Beatles B & W cards. I'll scan and post these sometime over the next few weeks.

I also have the Beatles LP's but I don't consider myself a record collector because I buy them to play which of course wears them down.

I'm more of a Rolling Stones' fan than a Beatles' fan though. I have a small collection of Stones' picture sleeves, concert programs and the Rolling Stones Monthly magazine which came out between 1964 and 1966. I also have nearly a complete set of the A & BC Rolling Stones card set.

Edited by Hepcat

I collect vinyl LP's, 45's, and 45 picture sleeves from the 60's. I also collect sheet music and concert ticket stubs from the 60's. I am also a big collector of anything Beatles. It appears this is where we differ as I saw nothing in your collections Beatles related ?

I have complete sets of the Topps Hard Day's Night, Beatles Color Photos and Beatles' Diary cards and almost all the Topps Beatles B & W cards. I'll scan and post these sometime over the next few weeks.

I also have the Beatles LP's but I don't consider myself a record collector because I buy them to play which of course wears them down.

I'm more of a Rolling Stones' fan than a Beatles' fan though. I have a small collection of Stones' picture sleeves, concert programs and the Rolling Stones monthly magazine which came out between 1964 and 1966. I also have nearly a complete set of the A & BC Rolling Stones card set.

(thumbs u

I am very familiar with the Rolling Stones Monthly. I have some myself.

Never saw the Rolling Stones card set.

I wasn't the only applicant for my current position as The MAN's sales/personal assistant. I had to beat out a whole host of other applicants. In the end it came down to either me or Boris. Here are a few pics of Boris the day of his job interview with The MAN:

Borris6.jpg

Borris5.jpgBorris7.jpg

Here The MAN's human relations consultant is doing a quick check of Boris to make that Boris betrays no signs of being involved in substance abuse:

Borris4.jpg

Borris3.jpg

BORRIS1.jpg

BORRIS2.jpg

My superior portfolio analysis skills ended up giving me the edge over Boris that day.

:juggle:

Edited by Hepcat

Just saying. (Guess I'm bored and it's quicker and easier than scanning any more comics.)

:grin:

Nice pics!

CAL the animal lover

Here I am with Balticboy and Deuce waiting for Grandma's Diner to open for the day:

StyxonGrandmasfence.jpg

StyxCowboyatGrandmas.jpg

StyxCowboybackstairs2.jpg

StyxCowboybackstairs.jpg

DeuceandStyxatGrandmashelper2.jpg

Deuceonbackstairs2.jpg

Deuceonbackstairs.jpg

Here I just found out that Grandma has closed up shop for the weekend to go up to her cottage. Deuce though hasn't heard the news yet.

DeuceandStyxatGrandmashelper.jpg

:frustrated:

I've noticed that model kits haven't appreciated in price overall in the last 15-20 years. That may indeed be due to the availability of reissues since models are often bought by builders as opposed to just collectors. Accumulating models has thus become a better "value" proposition in the last few years.

(shrug)

I'll be a guest at the Roughriders-Argonauts game tonight in Mackenzie Financial's tent on the sidelines at the SkyDome in Toronto! I'm looking forward to cheering the Argonauts on to victory together with all the hot dogs, chicken wings, nachos and popcorn I can eat!

ABlackCat3.jpg

So if you see a black cat streaking across the field at tonight's game, that will be me!

:headbang:

Edited by Hepcat

I'm more of a Rolling Stones' fan than a Beatles' fan though. I have a small collection of Stones' picture sleeves, concert programs and the Rolling Stones monthly magazine which came out between 1964 and 1966. I also have nearly a complete set of the A & BC Rolling Stones card set.

(thumbs u

I am very familiar with the Rolling Stones Monthly. I have some myself.

Never saw the Rolling Stones card set.

I am starting to be rekindled in my interest for this kinda stuff myself.

So what are the hardest to get aurora models?