• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

As *spoon* as Arch comes back from vacation Hepcat will still be Hepcat.
8 8

1,114 posts in this topic

AWESOME games and pics Hepcat..wow..

I was just thinking yesterday about a vintage game I had I can't remember the name of it now..dang it..

I sold it on evilbay and the lady who bought it filed item not recieved..got a full refund (even though I had receipt to show it had been mailed) Then she negative feedback bombed by favorite Ebay id..her id was like "luvs2sell"

She emailed every past and present bidder I had and told them I was some scam artist about to be booted from Ebay and even tho they had just won their item (like 3 hours earlier or the day before) They should neg me while they still had the chance to to have their voice be heard etc..I got a boatload of negs and then emails apologizing because "Sorry I did get my item I am ashamed I left you such a nasty neg wish I could take it back sorry"

But that was before Ebay let you remove negs..stupid negs

ruined my favorite ID over a $27 game (that showed as delivered AND she got a full cash refund for)

The game was Schmoos or something like that..it was sort of cool with blob creature things..

Anyway love looking at all your cool stuff Hepcat so awesome..

you have nice stuff..it's like having a guided tour..without the risk of us putting our greasy mitts on your stuff..

I'll have to take a few more pictures of my toys over the coming few days then!

We're also all big fans of stock car racing though. Here's Deuce with a bird's eye perch for our very own running of the Daytona 500:

DeuceSlotCars2.jpg

DeuceSlotCars.jpg

DeuceSlotCars4.jpg

DeuceSlotCars3.jpg

:popcorn:

Edited by Hepcat

I'll have to take a few more pictures of my toys over the coming few days then!

We're also all big fans of stock car racing though. Here's Deuce with a bird's eye perch for our own running of the Daytona 500:

DeuceSlotCars2.jpg

DeuceSlotCars.jpg

DeuceSlotCars4.jpg

DeuceSlotCars3.jpg

:popcorn:

Oh Hep..you have no idea how many slot car sets and tracks we lost in our fire! We had an entire closet full of Artin sets as well as all sorts of slot tracks and cars (even an old Hotwheels sizzlers track and cars like I had when I was a kid that I got heat stroke waiting for them to go on auction at a sale lol)

My dad is a train guy(like sets up the entire basement with a town etc..) I was always the slot car fan.

I still have three or four Artin sets in storage but no where really to set them up..the grandkids prefer zhu zhu pets..

My cat likes Zhu zhu pets too lol

Our cat would love one of those perchs like Deuce is on..wish we could afford one lol..

Poor Scroungie is always trying to climb on top of his little two foot high 4 inch wide scratching post of course at nearly 18 pound ..it is pretty hilarious..he leap frogs it.

I know he misses living outside and having a forest to play in but at least I don't have to wonder where he is at night!!!

Oh Hep..you have no idea how many slot car sets and tracks we lost in our fire! We had an entire closet full of Artin sets as well as all sorts of slot tracks and cars....

Oh I just hate fire stories. I cringe and cringe. I really wish that had not happened to you, or anybody.

My dad is a train guy(like sets up the entire basement with a town etc..)

I love trains as well! I have a few Lionel HO cars from the late fifties and sets from the seventies. I wish I had more but I have to prioritize since I like so many things.

What I'd really like though is a garden railroad, i.e. a 1/29 scale electric train layout that runs outside!

DSCN6779a.JPG

Zephyr1.jpg

But I'm in downtown Toronto with a tiny lot so it's an impossibility. Who knows, if I ever retire I can move to a much smaller town and have lots of land for a model railroad empire!

(shrug)

My dad usually sets up a two plywood base sometimes 4 and then creates a town around it.

sculps the mountains and tunnels and usually a body of water.

Then he puts up houses,buildings,businesses, once a cape canvarel with a rocket that flew and everything. He then goes about setting up the line and all the cars and people animals..when everything is complete..he steps back..takes a look..

then tears it all down and starts a new one.

He will say "Hmm I want to go with N scale because I can put more in and add a zoo..or carnival whatnot..."

Then he will say "I think I want to go with HO that way I can add a more detailed farm and get the haybalers and tractors on there so and so just bought me cows or whatnot"

I wish I could get him to set up the entire carnival with a small track for our grandkids..he makes some awesome trains..

He did have a ride around the yard train at the house we lived in when I was a kid. It was big enough for him to ride with cars kids could ride in.

He is a pretty cool Dad..

I just got stuck on slot cars I think it is because my Granddaddy used to buy me lots of tracks and cars when I was a kid..he is the same granddad who bought me all the Megos and Star trek/comic character stuff..lol

He created a monster...

My dad usually sets up a two plywood base sometimes 4 and then creates a town around it.

sculps the mountains and tunnels and usually a body of water.

Then he puts up houses,buildings,businesses, once a cape canvarel with a rocket that flew and everything. He then goes about setting up the line and all the cars and people animals..when everything is complete..he steps back..takes a look..

then tears it all down and starts a new one.

He will say "Hmm I want to go with N scale because I can put more in and add a zoo..or carnival whatnot..."

Then he will say "I think I want to go with HO that way I can add a more detailed farm and get the haybalers and tractors on there so and so just bought me cows or whatnot"

I wish I could get him to set up the entire carnival with a small track for our grandkids..he makes some awesome trains..

Your father sounds incredibly talented. I wouldn't have the heart to tear down something I'd worked at for months.

:o

Hey Hep going through some old pictures on my boomspeed account I found some pics of my racers ..

Even though they are all gone now at least I have some pics to remember them by!

anyway here is some pics of racers track and a few non related models

116514.jpg.1963e8956b81cc4b3f9fb606b611b27f.jpg

116515.jpg.9bcbc4551274accbeed63f595d625394.jpg

116516.jpg.be2f61cdc4f02ffdfc03ecf8a377c323.jpg

116517.jpg.2d671e4fb8173808e83913f1073fb140.jpg

116518.jpg.6749af041e7c5fb313beba49b4bfacb1.jpg

Most of the box models we had at the time of the fire were these military type ones we had probably 150 or so different types.

I only myself maybe had half a dozen or so monster models and some ..I think Weirdos? Too lazy to look up the names lol

I also collected the err forget the name Hubeley? metal models..and we had a lot of model cars as well.

I usually would get train stuff to send to my dad ..

anyways..toys gone but not forgotten

I am a little sad to see them but was more sad going through the files and files of comic book pictures going DANG I forgot I had that issue..MAN ..

that sucked lol

116519.jpg.b26b300bdfe797cab46fdd753670f96e.jpg

116520.jpg.bef84aa560bdc2e398b0d94478030b21.jpg

116521.jpg.3e6b34ca9648671c2e5c058692b81de8.jpg

116523.jpg.82aa5772b458b71e120939a4df74eecf.jpg

Hey Hep going through some old pictures on my boomspeed account I found some pics of my racers ..

Even though they are all gone now at least I have some pics to remember them by!

anyways..toys gone but not forgotten

I am a little sad to see them but was more sad going through the files and files of comic book pictures going DANG I forgot I had that issue..MAN ..

that sucked lol

So very sad.

:(

I only myself maybe had half a dozen or so monster models and some ..I think Weirdos? Too lazy to look up the names

Did they look like this?

Weird-ohModelKits2.jpg

Weird-ohModelKits.jpg

Or do you think they might have been Revell "Big Daddy" Roth fink model kits?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Yes, the ads that appeared in comic books for model kits were super cool! Check out these back cover ads for the Aurora monster model kits that I've scanned from my comic collection:

Rip Hunter 17

20-09-201184028PM.jpg

Rip Hunter 19

20-09-201184035PM.jpg

Rip Hunter 23

15-10-201145730PM.jpg

Hawkman 6

15-10-201145618PM.jpg

House of Mystery 154

20-09-201183950PM.jpg

It's no wonder the Aurora monster model kits were a smash hit with youngsters. Combined with the fabulous box art by James Bama, kids didn't stand a chance of resisting these on store shelves!

:cool:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Am I ever getting pumped up for Halloween! I have huge plans. I've even recruited The MAN to help with their implementation!

I'll have The MAN put on my Don Post mask in which he'll answer the door when those dastardly little trick or treating varmints come calling.

DonPostMask2006.jpg

He'll then thrust the voodoo staff I just bought into their faces so that they freeze with horror:

HepcatTree.jpg

StickTree.jpg

StickHead.jpg

StickHead2.jpg

And that's when I'll spring for their throats from the shadows with a hideous yeowl! They'll drop their bags of candy and flee in terror from the porch. I'll end up with so much candy, chips and bubble gum that I'll be rich! Heeeeee, heeeee, heeeeee!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Am I ever getting pumped up for Halloween! I have huge plans. I've even recruited The MAN to help with their implementation!

I'll have The MAN put on my Don Post mask in which he'll answer the door when those dastardly little trick or treating varmints come calling.

DonPostMask2006.jpg

He'll then thrust the voodoo staff I just bought into their faces so that they freeze with horror:

HepcatTree.jpg

StickTree.jpg

StickHead.jpg

StickHead2.jpg

And that's when I'll spring for their throats from the shadows with a hideous yeowl! They'll drop their bags of candy and flee in terror from the porch. I'll end up with so much candy, chips and bubble gum that I'll be rich! Heeeeee, heeeee, heeeeee!

lol:devil: