• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! Sometimes you just get lucky! posted by bagofleas

5 posts in this topic

Jonah Hex #92!

I can't believe it! I've been wanting to get my hands on a 9.8 copy of Jonah Hex #92, being that it's one of those Low-print-run-last-issue deals of a character that I like.

So far, there are only 14 of these out there to get this grade, and they've always sold for over $100. When this thing showed up on Ebay the other day, I was blown away!

9.8, White Pages and SS signed by cover artist Klaus Janson!? HOLY ! This is currently the only SS 9.8 copy of this thing out there! Talk about one-of-a-kind! This thing has got to wind up going for for $200 or more, I thought. Yeouch!!

But I had to give it a shot. So after doing some creative account balancing, I decided that I would try for it at no more than around $185 and hope for the best.

Well I'll be a Hex's uncle if I didn't get the thing for a total of $110 with shipping! I don't believe it! I was pretty sure I was gonna miss out on it.

This just goes to show you that you never know what something's gonna go for on Ebay. It just depends on who's watching at the time.

I love uniqueness, and this DEFINITELY qualifies!

8780.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

Totally agree bagofleas, with Ebay and pretty much every other online auction out there, it's really all about patience and timing; particularly relevant too for a niche hobby like ours. Congratulations on a great purchase, scan looks great!

Have to agree with Triskelion !! Picked up a copy of Not Brand Echh #1 CGC 9.8 on ebay for a nice price

just a couple of months ago. Try find another copy, there are only 2 (mine and the Curator).

Yeah, I've managed to get some amazing prices on cgc's on ebay and other sites. It really just has to do with who's paying attention at the time and what people are looking for at that particular moment. I got my hands on a First Comics Graphic Novel #2 in 9.8 WP condition off Ebay for $1.67!!! Granted it's not something that people are knocking down the door trying to get(it is the only graded copy) but how can you beat a price like that!

It can also have a lot to do with WHEN the item ends.

If it goes off on a holiday or during the middle of the night, there are generally less people watching. I've missed out on issues before because I fell asleep! That sucked!