• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scoring Question Re: TMNT #1-62 set

63 posts in this topic

I agree with Adam here, the sales of 9.8/9.6 #1's in 2nd and 3rd print are more than the 1st print #2 (3rd print on par?) so should have values that reflect this. We should be careful though to not raise them too high and lower the 1st print too much. The #1 1st print is the most significant book of the 80's by far, it shouldn't be even close to the subsequent printings.

I also think that we'll see a lot more 2nd printings in 9.8 in the coming future if the 1st print 9.8's are any indication...I've been mulling over picking up a 2nd print but think the price is way overboard. I'm waiting for the flood gates to open and we'll see more reasonable prices. Who knows, maybe I'll eat my words on this at some point (if I go for a 2nd print soon)...is there an emoticon for eating one's own words? :)

Thanks Adam, I didn't realise 6th printing was oversized. I only collect TMNT stuff from the 80's. Do you think it worth it to start a new set of oversized? Am I just being ridonculous?

I agree with Adam here, the sales of 9.8/9.6 #1's in 2nd and 3rd print are more than the 1st print #2 (3rd print on par?) so should have values that reflect this. We should be careful though to not raise them too high and lower the 1st print too much. The #1 1st print is the most significant book of the 80's by far, it shouldn't be even close to the subsequent printings.

You can look over my previous posts in this thread to find my response. No need reposting. :)

I also think that we'll see a lot more 2nd printings in 9.8 in the coming future if the 1st print 9.8's are any indication...I've been mulling over picking up a 2nd print but think the price is way overboard. I'm waiting for the flood gates to open and we'll see more reasonable prices. Who knows, maybe I'll eat my words on this at some point (if I go for a 2nd print soon)...is there an emoticon for eating one's own words? :)

You may be right about seeing more in the near future. (thumbs u

Thanks Adam, I didn't realise 6th printing was oversized. I only collect TMNT stuff from the 80's. Do you think it worth it to start a new set of oversized? Am I just being ridonculous?

th_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-6thPrintSS.jpg

And yep, I think it's a bit "ridonculous". There's already a 1-4 set that satisfies the casual TMNT collector and there's the Volume 1 set that is geared for the more hardcore TMNT collector. You can see all the oversized issues in the Volume 1 set and given the point value of the #1 compared to the rest of the books, it'd just be another set that gets dominated by anyone who has a 9.8 #1. We've already got 2 sets like that. Why do we need a 3rd? My 2c