• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4th Patrick Tuller sketch opportunity - FF, Avengers, Wolverine, X-Men, more

163 posts in this topic

Patrick,

Have you thought about using copic markers instead of colored pencils?

I have heard a lot about them and have given it some thought. However, I've been having to use gesso to mask out some logos, etc. when working on blanks, and have concerns about using wet media over the gesso. More than likely, this will reactivate it, mix with the color and turn it into a mess.

The Prismacolor pencils on the FF cover actually look better than the scan indicates. I'll try using my digital camera to see if that gives a better representation.

Patrick,

I have heard a lot about them and have given it some thought. However, I've been having to use gesso to mask out some logos, etc. when working on blanks, and have concerns about using wet media over the gesso. More than likely, this will reactivate it, mix with the color and turn it into a mess.

The Prismacolor pencils on the FF cover actually look better than the scan indicates. I'll try using my digital camera to see if that gives a better representation.

Would you use copic markers instead of colored pencils if there was no gesso to deal with?

...also I completely agree with you about how the colored pencils look in person, when I saw them in a scan, I was like: "Coool;" but when I saw them in person, I was like: "Heos yeah!!."

Patrick,

Would you use copic markers instead of colored pencils if there was no gesso to deal with?

...also I completely agree with you about how the colored pencils look in person, when I saw them in a scan, I was like: "Coool;" but when I saw them in person, I was like: "Heos yeah!!."

I would be glad to use copics when there is no gesso involved. However, this would require buying them since I don't actually have a set, but it looks like a great medium to work with.

The Prismacolor pencils are greatly superior to typical colored pencils, with far more vibrant colors than you would expect. Scans and digital pics don't do them justice.

Finally managed to finish inking this just now:

ff236cover.jpg

Color to be added shortly.

[font:Book Antiqua]My 2c

Could you please add Kirby beside Stan..?

He was in the original,

but a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces in the Marvel office decide to delete him...[/font]

Finally managed to finish inking this just now:

ff236cover.jpg

Color to be added shortly.

[font:Book Antiqua]My 2c

Could you please add Kirby beside Stan..?

He was in the original,

but a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces in the Marvel office decide to delete him...[/font]

Yes, I do remember seeing the original version of this somewhere. I'll see if I can find it to make the revision.