• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Halloweenized Classic Comic Cover recreations
3 3

988 posts in this topic

Whomever owns that has my complete envy. :o

Getting framed and going on my wall as soon as I get it. :)

(thumbs u

138913.jpg.27205de23f9ed9ed5648a62f40aea2a9.jpg

looking at the original in comparison to this one makes me realize that the original really suffers from a pizz poor coloring job 2c

Agreed. Why the hell are the main characters purple??? I love the content, but the coloring has always left me cold.

(thumbs u

One of my favorites. Looks great in the frame.

I need to get my act together and get mine framed.

Do you need to use special glass so it doesn't fade?

(thumbs u

One of my favorites. Looks great in the frame.

I need to get my act together and get mine framed.

Do you need to use special glass so it doesn't fade?

Im going to. :) I do that with all my art.

For those who are concerned:

Even with conservation (special) glass, it is not wise to keep your art consistently exposed to brighter light, rather it be sunlight or interior lighting. If you do want to have your favorites on a main wall with consistent lighting, you'd do well to cycle out the pieces to prolong any fading.

The problem with fading is when you see the piece every day, you will never notice it until it's too late, as the fading occurs slowly even when exposed in a room full of sunlight. The day-by-day, week-to-week degradation is not easily discernible.

Conservation glass (from my understanding of what I've read), is a form of diffusion glass, which when side-by-side with normal (clear glass), you can definitely see the reduction in transparency. It doesn't take away from the beauty of your art, but that's because it doesn't stop light altogether (or it would be black), it just reduces/softens the level of exposure.

While it is wise to use conservation glass on any of your grails, it is best to keep any art you really care about out of bright lighting. I keep most of what I display in my basement, which is dry, and I've blocked almost all the natural sunlight. So, the only light on the art is when we're down there, and even then I cycle the pieces on my walls... But, I'd probably do this anyway just for the change!

I like to do my own matting and framing, so this is just a word to the wise passing on a little of what I've learned in the process.

My couple of centavos worth,

-Vaughn

PS: I'm always looking for simpler Wrightson pieces if anyone is interested in parting with any... I especially like prelims and concept pieces... I love grails too, but my appreciation is much deeper than my wallet! :pullhair:

For those who are concerned:

Even with conservation (special) glass, it is not wise to keep your art consistently exposed to brighter light, rather it be sunlight or interior lighting. If you do want to have your favorites on a main wall with consistent lighting, you'd do well to cycle out the pieces to prolong any fading.

The problem with fading is when you see the piece every day, you will never notice it until it's too late, as the fading occurs slowly even when exposed in a room full of sunlight. The day-by-day, week-to-week degradation is not easily discernible.

Conservation glass (from my understanding of what I've read), is a form of diffusion glass, which when side-by-side with normal (clear glass), you can definitely see the reduction in transparency. It doesn't take away from the beauty of your art, but that's because it doesn't stop light altogether (or it would be black), it just reduces/softens the level of exposure.

While it is wise to use conservation glass on any of your grails, it is best to keep any art you really care about out of bright lighting. I keep most of what I display in my basement, which is dry, and I've blocked almost all the natural sunlight. So, the only light on the art is when we're down there, and even then I cycle the pieces on my walls... But, I'd probably do this anyway just for the change!

I like to do my own matting and framing, so this is just a word to the wise passing on a little of what I've learned in the process.

My couple of centavos worth,

-Vaughn

PS: I'm always looking for simpler Wrightson pieces if anyone is interested in parting with any... I especially like prelims and concept pieces... I love grails too, but my appreciation is much deeper than my wallet! :pullhair:

And use LED lights where you display your art. and never use CFLs. CFL's emit tons of UV. LED do not emit any.

Updated List...

Weird Science Fantasy #1

Strange Tales #97 - #2

weird tales of the future #2 #3 on the list

Crisis #7 #4 on the list

Tomahawk #116 - #5

Reserved:

House of Secrets #92

Suspense #3

House of Secrets # 106

Marvel Mystery Comics #46

Weird Tales of the Future #7

Planet Comics #41

Mr. District Attorney #66

Detective Comics #18

Pep #34

Giant Size X-men #1

Our Fighting Forces 71

Black Flag

Rifleman #10

Incredible Hulk #181

Walking Dead #19

Air Fighters #14

Simpsons #2

Crime Does Not Pay #24

G.I. Combat 56

I wanted to post an updated list since making a change in one of the books to be done

Sorry for the lack of updates, I think this should be correct now.

I expect to have the next one done within 2 weeks.

Updated List...

#1- Weird Science Fantasy

#2- Strange Tales #97

#3- weird tales of the future #2

#4- Crisis #7

#5- Tomahawk #116

#6- Rifleman #10

#7- Incredible Hulk #181

Reserved:

House of Secrets #92

Suspense #3

House of Secrets # 106

Marvel Mystery Comics #46

Weird Tales of the Future #7

Planet Comics #41

Mr. District Attorney #66

Detective Comics #18

Pep #34

Giant Size X-men #1

Our Fighting Forces 71

Black Flag

Walking Dead #19

Air Fighters #14

Simpsons #2

Crime Does Not Pay #24

I just found out beau passed away, and am beside myself. He reserved rifleman 10 and hulk 181. When i find out what his wife prefers, i will either finish them for her, or offer them for auction here with the proceeds going to her. I am so sorry to hear about this.

I just found out beau passed away, and am beside myself. He reserved rifleman 10 and hulk 181. When i find out what his wife prefers, i will either finish them for her, or offer them for auction here with the proceeds going to her. I am so sorry to hear about this.

Hey, Pat here. I'm keeping tabs on the conversations about Beau here by just doing a daily search for his name, and I'm interfacing with the boards on his families behalf as well as for myself. Sorry, but I'm totally unfamiliar with the discussion in this thread. Could you link me to something that tells me whats going on, or PM me with the details of your discussions with Beau. That way I can call Sissy, Beau's widow, and ask her what she would like to do with this.

Thanks,

Pat

I did not know Beau, but I'm very sorry to hear about this. I think it is great that Matthew is going to complete Beau's choices either for his family to keep or to raise money for the family. I for one would be sure to bid on both pieces for a great cause. Kudos to Matthew (thumbs u

I am new to this forum and very confused here. I just need some NOOB questions answered.

Who is doing the original artwork?

What is your resume like?

Are you well published by the big 2?

Do you do mostly indie work?

I am building my collection but want to start with big names.

Does it matter who does the drawing in terms of market value? Only reason i ask is so i dont overpay.

Any answers would be helpful.

Thank you!

Edited by HusTrucK

I really hope you are a newbie and not a troll :insane: some of those questions are borderline insulting. 2c If you are concerned about value / overpaying then commissions in general are probably not the way to go.