• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly posted by duckduckmike

2 posts in this topic

Boo Wizard World. Yay Wizard World.

While I understand the number of reasons why people are against some of (if not all) of the Wizard World sponsored cons, I'm very exicited to have such a big local and easily accessible event AND to have CGC onsite available. I'm saving my pennies for another 30 X-Men to drop off (plus or minus a few Golden age goodies).

I usually do Pittsburgh and Philly due to access to family in both areas, plus the diversity. Pittsburgh is a great indie-heavy show, IMO, but sometimes I like my cons a little more "Michael Bay" like WWP. A few dealers I see on ebay and at other cons are back and this time I'm actually asking a few to bring some specific books for me to check out.

Any thoughts from others on their Wizard World Philly expereinces? Besides single word posts of "Lame" or whatever. If I wanted to read that, I'd be on facebook trolling right now.

See more journals by duckduckmike

I haven't been to a comic book convention since the early 80's (where I picked up some books in the $0.35 box that are now worth a good penny), but I'm hoping to be able to go to Wizard World Philly. Don't know if my schedule will work out yet or not. Having not been to one in a while, I like that it's more on the "Michael Bay" like type.