• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,897 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, icp004 said:

I guess it makes sense that not all work gets published.  This page comes up in an eBay listing when I searched for Greg Larocque. I wanted to know where it appeared before deciding whether or not to make an offer. 

I actually searched for this too with no results. Just a guess on my part here as an alternative to it not being published, is that maybe the powers that be at the time didn’t like the title “The Dogkiller” and decided to photostat a different title over that one. The story could have been published with this new title. The photostat then may have fallen off or been removed at some point. (shrug)

48 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Wow, old post! No I didn’t follow up on that as my focus shifted to Precode Horror but I’m pretty sure it was a HOM issue. I know I have it as I remember reading it. Very creepy story! Oh, welcome to the boards too! (thumbsu

Thanks for the reply.  I’ve been going through this thread and now I’m hooked.  There are so many cool covers!  

33 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Nice find! Great theme, maybe you could take a group shot?

This is my modest entry in “Swamp monster” books

096BB45D-B9A4-4EF0-985E-2515586C3244.jpeg

Very nice! Now I may have to retract my statement as I’m not sure I have that one now! :pullhair:

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Also added 2 more issues to my Haunted Love run courtesy of Dale’s FS thread.

Haunted%20Love%20%206_zpsq4knau6t.jpg

Haunted%20Love%20%208_zps9hdy6smp.jpg

Thanks for bringing back memories from the earliest days of my collecting.  My best friend and I raided a long box at a local used book store of all the number 1’s. This Reprint of the original run from Charlton is one I snagged.

74F51116-A51B-4E2D-A701-B82FAF14D0C5.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jayman said:

13 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Nice find! Great theme, maybe you could take a group shot?

This is my modest entry in “Swamp monster” books

096BB45D-B9A4-4EF0-985E-2515586C3244.jpeg

Very nice! Now I may have to retract my statement as I’m not sure I have that one now! :pullhair:

Searching in the GCD I found that Bog Beast’s first appearance is actually in Weird Tales of the Macabre #2 which I have so I’m covered, *whew!* :bigsmile:

I purchased a really nice, near complete run (38 of 46 issues) of Secrets of Haunted House.  Nearly every issue is in same or better condition than the 1st issue pictured here. I don’t see many of these posted in this thread.  Are these not as sought after as some of the other DC Horror?  Regardless there are lots of cool covers in this run!

A77FBCF8-B1F4-4DAF-960B-5DE95C4A41DB.jpeg

Edited by icp004
Spelling

8 hours ago, icp004 said:

I purchased a really nice, near complete run (38 of 46 issues) of Secrets of Haunted House.  Nearly every issue is in same or better condition than the 1st issue pictured here. I don’t see many of these posted in this thread.  Are these not as sought after as some of the other DC Horror?  Regardless there are lots of cool covers in this run!

A77FBCF8-B1F4-4DAF-960B-5DE95C4A41DB.jpeg

Oh they’re in this thread multiple times, just buried throughout the years. Great run!

On 1/27/2019 at 6:09 PM, Jayman said:

The cover story in this one is classic HOM! :cloud9:

You were right about “The Demon Within”! I also liked “A Tale of Vengance”,  the story about the boy who lost his dad to a coal mine accident.  I’m new to Bronze Age horror but I’m going to start reading more!  Thanks!

23 hours ago, icp004 said:

Got them in a single eBay listing.  Same seller had another listing with WWT2 and WWT4 but I missed out on that one. 

Oh, had they come from that local antique store I would be both envious and impressed! You see, I have challenged myself to assemble a full run of Weird War Tales without resorting to online sources.