• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

Well, I can tell you that the Fantucchio HOM books got some VERY strong bids on the CLink auctions tonight.

Wow! I got murdered on some of my bids.

Some tremendous looking copies of some tough issues - they looked like they deserved the juice.

I very much hope some boardies were able to come out on top with some of them!

I am predicting this now that Marvel has started to mine it's HORROR universe. It's already starting to happen with BROTHER VOODOO, SON OF SATAN, BLADE, MORBIUS and GHOST RIDER!

Characters that ripe for potential that i think Marvel will  develop:

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT

MAN-THING

MAN-WOLF

TIGRA

BLOODSTONE

anyone else? Does MOON KNIGHT count since he started in WEREWOLF by NIGHT?

Hello

Was wondering if folk primarily collected horror titles from just the big two or if they also picked up titles from Charlton, Goldkey etc.

Thinking of picking up some horror titles but fancied being a bit quirky in my choices (and not wanting to break the bank).

Was thinking along the lines of Chilling Adventures in Sorcery from Red Circle the Archie Imprint and a few Charlton titles.

41 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Red circle is a great option, beautiful stuff, the 1973-1975 charltons are also really loaded with good art by Sutton, newton and others, and 60’s and early 70s gold keys are solid with great covers and art by Williamson, Torres, Crandall and Dominguez 

That's great, thanks for the information will definitely check them out.

2 hours ago, shiverbones said:

Red circle is a great option, beautiful stuff, the 1973-1975 charltons are also really loaded with good art by Sutton, newton and others, and 60’s and early 70s gold keys are solid with great covers and art by Williamson, Torres, Crandall and Dominguez 

Absolutely agree with Red Circle and the Charltons. Red Circle Sorcery has some terrific Gray Morrow covers (#5, 6,7, 9).

And I love Tom Sutton's artwork for Charlton during this time period (check out the covers to Ghost Manor #23, Haunted #17, Monster Hunters #5, and Ghostly Haunts #41).

Mike Zeck did some cool stuff too for Charlton (Ghostly Tales #123, Creepy Things #6, Monster Hunters #7 & #9, and the Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #56).

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, HighVoltage said:

Absolutely agree with Red Circle and the Charltons. Red Circle Sorcery has some terrific Gray Morrow covers (#5, 6,7, 9).

And I love Tom Sutton's artwork for Charlton during this time period (check out the covers to Ghost Manor #23, Haunted #17, Monster Hunters #5, and Ghostly Haunts #41).

Mike Zeck did some cool stuff too for Charlton (Ghostly Tales #123, Creepy Things #6, Monster Hunters #7 & #9, and the Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #56).

Enjoy!

Thanks for the recommendations definitely looking forward to checking them out. 👍

7 hours ago, waaaghboss said:

Randomly came into a large supply of bronze age books at a book store today.  Most were in pretty decent shape, and the price was right.  Picked up 30, and will probably go back and get more.  Box was all bronze age horror, unbagged, and in good shape.  Someone must really have liked these at some point.  I'm pretty happy with the find, as I usually like to go with GA PCH, but these covers are just amazing.

123.jpg

Great find and good mix of titles 👍