• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,897 posts in this topic

Not expecting much of a response, but I have to ask. Sales on eBay of bronze horror are stronger than I have ever seen, but there appears to be no discussion of the books here. This used to be the place where collectors talked about the books. Is it because people want to be quiet until they get what they are after, or just that everyone here has them already and have moved on?

Edited by shiverbones

1 hour ago, shiverbones said:

Not expecting much of a response, but I have to ask. Sales on eBay of bronze horror are stronger than I have ever seen, but there appears to be no discussion of the books here. This used to be the place where collectors talked about the books. Is it because people want to be quiet until they get what they are after, or just that everyone here has them already and have moved on?

I've moved on long ago :o

1 hour ago, shiverbones said:

For Bronze I mainly chase the Wrightson DC stuff and (other than HOS 92) decent copies seem to be harder and harder to find, though I did place some bids on the recent high grade Weird War copies on HA. I still like peeking in here to see what others have posted but this thread has seemed to have had one foot in the grave ever since Sterling Comics stopped posting. :sorry:

3 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

For Bronze I mainly chase the Wrightson DC stuff and (other than HOS 92) decent copies seem to be harder and harder to find, though I did place some bids on the recent high grade Weird War copies on HA. I still like peeking in here to see what others have posted but this thread has seemed to have had one foot in the grave ever since Sterling Comics stopped posting. :sorry:

Anyone heard from sterling recently?

i just thought it was odd, because even vg copies of dc horror are selling for decent prices, and the volume seems to be way up the last few months.

I don’t chase High grades anymore, happy with 6.0-8.5 in most cases. But am curious about what people who do are experiencing.

2 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Anyone heard from sterling recently?

i just thought it was odd, because even vg copies of dc horror are selling for decent prices, and the volume seems to be way up the last few months.

I don’t chase High grades anymore, happy with 6.0-8.5 in most cases. But am curious about what people who do are experiencing.

He disappeared shortly after changing his name to @takeyourlemons and hasn't been back to the boards in more than 2-1/2 years...

22 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

I still see some bronze horror beauties in your this week posts :)

Not to keep like back in the day.  I'm essentially done with my runs unless some upgrade 100 pagers show up. 

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

He disappeared shortly after changing his name to @takeyourlemons and hasn't been back to the boards in more than 2-1/2 years...

Where you at the PNE, as I never get introduced to you.  Don't be shy and unlike other times, I was there the whole time. 

2 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Makes sense :)

I tend to buy nice Wrightson covers and anything higher grade from the 25 cent and less but it's not really a priority.  I'm content with my collection for the most part. 

4 minutes ago, greggy said:

Where you at the PNE, as I never get introduced to you.  Don't be shy and unlike other times, I was there the whole time. 

I was there but was only able to stay for the first hour or so, talked a bit with Van Isle Pressing and checked out Harley's booth. I know there are a few people from the boards who go there but the only one I've ever met is Aardvark. Maybe we'll cross paths at the next show.