• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

Hi all! New poster here, and I'm hoping one (or some) of you can help me to figure out a comic I read as a kid that I have been spending DECADES trying to identify!

I think it was possibly a Charlton or similar anthology. I read it at my grandmother's house in the early-to-mid 80s, but I think it was probably a comic left behind by an older cousin, so its likely from the 70s to very early 80s at the latest.  Anyway -- 

The only story I remember was a short, maybe 5 page thing.  A man and a woman are wandering the urban ruins in a post-apocalypse sometime in the future. Buildings are destroyed, ancient rubble everywhere, etc. They come upon an old, long deactivated robot.  The woman says something like "These robots used to service people in the old days! If we can get it working it will find food for us!" 

The man then goes to work fixing it, it turns on, its eyes glow bright red and it says something like "HUMANS DETECTED-EXECUTE!" and strangles the woman, kills the man, then wanders off to go find more humans. The end. 

If any of you can figure out what this was I will be eternally grateful! I feel like it was a short story in the back of a longer anthology issue, but my memory is fuzzy at this point. Thank you!

On 2/26/2020 at 6:22 AM, DaveMilly said:

Hi all! New poster here, and I'm hoping one (or some) of you can help me to figure out a comic I read as a kid that I have been spending DECADES trying to identify!

I think it was possibly a Charlton or similar anthology. I read it at my grandmother's house in the early-to-mid 80s, but I think it was probably a comic left behind by an older cousin, so its likely from the 70s to very early 80s at the latest.  Anyway -- 

The only story I remember was a short, maybe 5 page thing.  A man and a woman are wandering the urban ruins in a post-apocalypse sometime in the future. Buildings are destroyed, ancient rubble everywhere, etc. They come upon an old, long deactivated robot.  The woman says something like "These robots used to service people in the old days! If we can get it working it will find food for us!" 

The man then goes to work fixing it, it turns on, its eyes glow bright red and it says something like "HUMANS DETECTED-EXECUTE!" and strangles the woman, kills the man, then wanders off to go find more humans. The end. 

If any of you can figure out what this was I will be eternally grateful! I feel like it was a short story in the back of a longer anthology issue, but my memory is fuzzy at this point. Thank you!

HOM 318