• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2020 at 9:55 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I think it's unexpected that Swamp Thing is turning 50 years old next year.  I feel old, which is not unexpected

Tales of the Unexpected #152.jpg

Phantom Stranger vol. 2 #14.jpg

Swamp Thing has been my favorite comic since I was five years old.  That was when I picked up my copy of Swamp Thing #13.  I often wonder what it would have been like to experience the character being illustrated by Neal Adams.  The Phantom Stranger #14 only leaves us guessing, with that incredible cover art.

There were some really nice House of Mysterys and House of Secrets in the most recent C-Link auction! Just curious if anyone managed to grab any?! A lot of copies with white pages.

The Secrets of Haunted House #5 finished at a record price, I believe. It was a good-looking 9.6 copy.

HOM & HOS continue to hold fairly strong prices in the 9.4+ grades with Wrightson & Adams covers/art. It seems like 9.2s & 9.0s are flatter & some bargains can be had. (Not counting HOS #92 of course)

Just some observations of two of my favorite DC horror titles.

9 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

There were some really nice House of Mysterys and House of Secrets in the most recent C-Link auction! Just curious if anyone managed to grab any?! A lot of copies with white pages.

The Secrets of Haunted House #5 finished at a record price, I believe. It was a good-looking 9.6 copy.

HOM & HOS continue to hold fairly strong prices in the 9.4+ grades with Wrightson & Adams covers/art. It seems like 9.2s & 9.0s are flatter & some bargains can be had. (Not counting HOS #92 of course)

I won a few. I was unwilling to pay more for the others. Slow and steady growth for me. 

16 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

I was keeping my eye on the SOHH #5 but the bidding in the last 20 minutes knocked me out of contention quickly. :(

On 11/6/2020 at 7:39 AM, HighVoltage said:

I believe there is only one in the census.

It sold in 2014 for $1,275

I don't think it's a pedigree copy.

My guess: Somewhere around $2,000 now.

But would it be the same, single 9.8 being re-sold? Or a new 9.8 coming to market?

If it were the single 9.8 and buying conditions were right, it could do a little better.
If it were a new 9.8, I'd guess somewhere between $1,750 and $2,000. (depending on registration & page quality)

It's such a classic Wrightson cover.
There has been a little more interest in some of the HOM and HOS books the past year or so. And the Wrightson covers seem to be getting
most of the heat

Edit/Side note: I would love to have the Pacific Coast copy of this book!!!
I don't know of any other pedigrees identified for this book, but I'm sure there are some. Does anyone know about other Peds?

The 9.8 is not a pedigree. I had a chance to see it in person but passed. I'm picky sometimes on centering and page quality. I've seen 9.6's in person that I thought were superior.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:59 PM, HighVoltage said:

The Secrets of Haunted House 5 wasn't that nice

00136672396000083729156018.jpg

1 minute ago, HighVoltage said:

The dreaded nutzac crease... 

That copy was the best copy I've ever seen of that issue.  It'll be tough to top it.