• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That sold faster than a speeding bullet....

94 posts in this topic

Gone!!

Item in question...sold before I refreshed the page

Nice book, needless to say...a 5.0 copy sold late last year for $435K which would make the price about right for the grade.

Just as you were about to buy? hm

Not high grade enough for me I'm afraid...I'm holding out for the Church copy.

Why not go for the higher grade copy that Mitch mentioned in one of his recent threads instead?

You mean after he invented a time machine, went back to 1938, got a job at the printing plant, and held a mylar open as the first copy came off the press?

Gone!!

Nice book, needless to say...a 5.0 copy sold late last year for $435K which would make the price about right for the grade.

Why not go for the higher grade copy that Mitch mentioned in one of his recent threads instead?

I can't take the King's copy. I don't have the requisite mannup.

Gone!!

I can't take the King's copy. I don't have the requisite mannup.

lol

Relax guys.... I bought the book! Happy now?

:jokealert: Congrats on the sale Peter!

Relax guys.... I bought the book! Happy now?

:jokealert: Congrats on the sale Peter!

Did the final price include shipping?

Or Eric Roberts copy?
eric's has the 25c grease price upper right corners... this copy was a "superior" 6.5 5.5 imo

Fixed that for ya!

Tim this copy was and is clearly an unmanipulated 6.5 (thumbs u

Or Eric Roberts copy?
eric's has the 25c grease price upper right corners... this copy was a "superior" 6.5 5.5 imo

Fixed that for ya!

The 6.5 that just sold had color touch removed a number of years ago. After that, it was placed in a 5.5 holder. Later it appeared in a 6.5 holder. I would imagine that some pressing went on along the way.

Or so I have been told.

Or Eric Roberts copy?

Fixed that for ya!

Rick, I have no knowledge whether it was ever manipulated. I sincerely hope it wasn`t.

But it clearly did reside in a 5.5 slab at one point, which a lot of people seem to conveniently forget for some reason. The powers that be at CGC clearly originally believed that the book was a 5.5, so I have to take all the comments about the book "clearly" being a 6.5 and even being superior to another 6.5 with a grain of salt.

Considering how critical each 0.5 is for a book like Action 1, and therefore how critical it is to get the grade right, if nothing was done to the book and yet CGC regraded it a full point higher on resub, then shame on CGC.