• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That sold faster than a speeding bullet....

94 posts in this topic

No knowledge of color touch Removal ( I never inspected book out of slab) but I was told it was a straight resub from Old label 5.5 to 6.5.

I mentioned in a other thread (in general i believe) that it was previously a 5.5 however the book in hand is clearly worthy of the 6.5 grade, at least inspected in the slab

We all know there were several incorrectly graded books and I believe this one initially was too (thumbs u

No knowledge of color touch Removal ( I never inspected book out of slab) but I was told it was a straight resub from Old label 5.5 to 6.5.

I mentioned in a other thread (in general i believe) that it was previously a 5.5 however the book in hand is clearly worthy of the 6.5 grade, at least inspected in the slab

We all know there were several incorrectly graded books and I believe this one initially was too (thumbs u

I was told that the book had a light sub crease in the 5.5 holder. If that sub crease is no longer there, I guess it must have been pressed.

I can totally understand CGC being a grade off on some 5.5/6.5 non-key book.

But you`d think with an Action 1 the graders and chief grader would take their time and go over it with a fine-tooth comb in order to get it right the first time (or at least not be a full point off).

In any event, the original reason for my post was not to criticize CGC, but just to make people reading the thread aware that the book used to (correctly or incorrectly) reside in a 5.5 slab.

I was told that the book had a light sub crease in the 5.5 holder. If that sub crease is no longer there, I guess it must have been pressed.

Well the large scan is still available in the Heritage archive. There is non-color breaking wear that is clearly still present as a 6.5, so it doesn't look like it was pressed. I'm pretty sure Peter has addressed this in the past and did NOT have the book pressed.

There are three white spots in the URHC where CT may have been removed, but that's nothing but speculation.

But you`d think with an Action 1 the graders and chief grader would take their time and go over it with a fine-tooth comb in order to get it right the first time (or at least not be a full point off).

You must be unfamiliar with the "2.5" copy. :)

lol good point.

lol good point.

Yeah. Sorry, Tim, but that just shot your argument out of the sky. :P

:foryou:

Well the large scan is still available in the Heritage archive. There is non-color breaking wear that is clearly still present as a 6.5, so it doesn't look like it was pressed. I'm pretty sure Peter has addressed this in the past and did NOT have the book pressed.

There are three white spots in the URHC where CT may have been removed, but that's nothing but speculation.

I believe Peter said he bought the book already in the cgc 6.5 holder.

I`ve said that several times now! :pullhair:

Sure. But you didn't post under a super-cool science fiction character avatar. :foryou:

I can confirm. It always been a 6.5 holder. I had great interest for that book back then (lowly priced). :cry:

Sure. But you didn't post under a super-cool science fiction character avatar. :foryou:

:tonofbricks:

Looking at the front cover scan alone, I would have to say it looks pretty darn nice. I would love to own it but WAY outside my price rang.
You rang lol

Looking at the front cover scan alone, I would have to say it looks pretty darn nice. I would love to own it but WAY outside my price rang.
You rang lol

curse that darn small keyboard on the iphone and my fat fingers :pullhair:

You rang lol

curse that darn small keyboard on the iphone and my fat fingers :pullhair:

I know that all too well lol

Some information about the book that was posted in General that might be of interest to those here:

It used to be the White Rose 5.5 copy. I don`t believe Peter won it off Heritage, nor do I believe he was the one who resubbed it. For that matter, I`m not sure he was aware when he bought it whether it had been resubbed or whether it had been pressed. Those weren`t questions that were typically asked in those more innocent old-label days, and he may not have cared in any event.

Do you guys have any insight into who won it off Heritage and sold it to Peter, and what, if anything, was done with the book besides being resubbed?

Anyways, I`m glad Peter got a good price for his book, but I`m sad that the most passionate advocate of Action 1 (pre-MM) has sold his copy. I hope it`s not because of financial problems or anything.

The original purchaser from Heritage was the Dentist. Peter was aware that it was the same copy, Heritage sold as a 5.5 (in fact, when it sold through Heritage there was a long thread where many, including myself, thought the book was undergraded based on the Heritage scans). Peter was told the upgrade was due to a straight resub, but I am sure people can scrutinize the then and now scans to come to their own conclusions.