• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Gay Batman" SOTI books discovered

32 posts in this topic

I was just browsing some sites and realized the "Lost Seduction of the Innocent" site (LostSOTI.org) recently claimed they found the "gay Batman" comic pages that Fredric Wertham references in his 1954 anti-comics book, "Seduction of the Innocent." Pretty amusing stuff. Here are links:

Here are some of Wertham's kooky statements:

From 'Seduction of the Innocent': "As they sit by the fireplace the young boy sometimes worries about his partner: “Something’s wrong with Bruce. He hasn’t been himself these past few days.” It is like the wish dream of two homosexuals living together."

From 'Seduction of the Innocent': "The atmosphere is homosexual and anti-feminine. If the girl is good-looking she is undoubtedly the villainess. If she is after Bruce Wayne, she will have no chance against . For instance, Bruce and go out one evening in dinner clothes, dressed exactly alike. The attractive girl makes up to Bruce while in successive pictures young looks on smiling, sure of Bruce."

The guy was like McCarthy; he could find a communist everywhere.

What was that quote about "Kids can find it, if they look long enough"? Something like that. They blew up some inking in a man's shoulder that looked like a female form. :screwy:

Here it is..

That's not work safe :frustrated:rantrant(tsk):pullhair::rulez:

WTF is is supposed to be a picture (within a picture) of? I still can't tell.

Sometimes a shoulder is just a shoulder

What was that quote about "Kids can find it, if they look long enough"? Something like that. They blew up some inking in a man's shoulder that looked like a female form. :screwy:

wait, that's supposed to be a vag? Give me a frickin break :eyeroll:

Here it is..

I think it's like those Magic Eye pictures from the 90's. I never did see the sailboat.... :sorry:

agreed; i've looked at it from every angle, and with a magnifying glass, and i see absolutely no resemblance to bedrock.

agreed; i've looked at it from every angle, and with a magnifying glass, and i see absolutely no resemblance to bedrock.

Oh, SNAP !!!! :ohnoez:

Here it is..

I think it's like those Magic Eye pictures from the 90's. I never did see the sailboat.... :sorry:

It's a schooner.