• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANDOM
3 3

504 posts in this topic

OAFcon follow-up. Turned out to be a superb event; hopefully others who were there will comment on their experiences. The last one I attended was pre-pandemic in 2019. The new sponsor Uncanny Con's Peter Purin has done pretty well following Bart Bush's legacy and with the participation of MyComicShop's Buddy Saunders tribute to the founders of OAF back in Feb. of '67 it came off quite well. The dealer's room was quite busy from my perspective and I did come away with one high grade GA book and a copy of the slip-cased Schomburg retrospective which my long-time friend Bud Plant had for sale at his table (see below).  There were cell phone photographs taken of your's truly in the dealer's room as well as the Embassy Suites bar, but I haven't seen them or received any blackmail queries yet. 

Image9-17-23at11_44PM.jpeg.2138762a3fafeec414ee1edec939ea95.jpeg

The funniest moment of the weekend came when I was checking out. A statuesque young woman in her twenties or early thirties stopped me and enthusiastically asked if I was in the band. I don't know which band she was referring to, but being that it was Sunday and I was checking out ...with some remorse in my voice... I politely said "no" rather than offer my autograph.  That was the crowning touch to a great weekend!

:cheers:

On 9/17/2023 at 9:56 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

OAFcon follow-up. Turned out to be a superb event; hopefully others who were there will comment on their experiences. The last one I attended was pre-pandemic in 2019. The new sponsor Uncanny Con's Peter Purin has done pretty well following Bart Bush's legacy and with the participation of MyComicShop's Buddy Saunders tribute to the founders of OAF back in Feb. of '67 it came off quite well. The dealer's room was quite busy from my perspective and I did come away with one high grade GA book and a copy of the slip-cased Schomburg retrospective which my long-time friend Bud Plant had for sale at his table (see below).  There were cell phone photographs taken of your's truly in the dealer's room as well as the Embassy Suites bar, but I haven't seen them or received any blackmail queries yet. 

The funniest moment of the weekend came when I was checking out. A statuesque young woman in her twenties or early thirties stopped me and enthusiastically asked if I was in the band. I don't know which band she was referring to, but being that it was Sunday and I was checking out ...with some remorse in my voice... I politely said "no" rather than offer my autograph.  That was the crowning touch to a great weekend!

You're in the band, dude.  You're in the band.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:56 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks Cat. A buddy told me about it yesterday. Sounds like a great show I would really like to get to one day.