Pressing & CGC Submission Service
5 5

36 posts in this topic

9,528 posts

ACC%20logo2.png.opt289x288o0,0s289x288.png

A new thread for American Comics and Collectibles', "Comic Book Pressing Service". The previous thread was getting a bit cluttered. If you want to see the previous thread, go here:

Previous Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic info and background of the service:

http://www.comicpressing.com/

On the website, you'll find testimonials about the service (some testimonials can also be found in the previous thread), information regarding the service, prices, pictures as well as a blog that has information regarding restoration, pedigree collections and other random comic book topics!

I have been pressing comic books since early 2008. In all, I have pre-screened tens of thousands of pressing candidates, and have actually pressed in the area of 1,500+ comic books. I have worked on books from across the ages and price ranges; 1930s to current, and worth very little (in terms of money not nostalgia) to worth many thousands of dollars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a part of my service, I offer free pre-screening. I am aware that the primary purpose for pressing (for most people) is for profit. With the goal of producing profit for clients, I do my best to grade each comic book and to determine if pressing would be financially beneficial to the client. Unless the instance is very black and white, and I already know what grade must be achieved, I will send the client a list of what I think each book will be graded (by CGC). I make a recommendation, and at that point allow the client the final decision on the course of action. In probably 50% of cases, I am of the opinion that a given comic book should not be pressed or CGC graded because the benefit obtained by pressing isn't enough to offset the costs of pressing, grading and shipping.

Prices

----------

$10 for items published in 1980-current.

$20 for items published 1979-prior.

Turnaround Time

---------------------

For one invoice, it is 10 business days. Depending on submission volume, it may be less or more, but 10 business days on average.

CGC Cost

--------------

10% off the regular CGC prices which can be found here:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

Shipping to CGC

------------------------

I cover the cost to send all items to CGC. I send one shipment at the end of month to CGC via USPS Priority Mail.

Return Shipping

-----------------------

$9 for the first comic book / $2 for each additional (uninsured, via UPS Ground)

Here is the submission form. Please include this for all comic books sent to me, as I need the info for organizational purposes and for return shipping information.

th_PressingForm2.jpg

Send me a PM if you're interested! Thanks for looking!

9,528 posts

Here are some of the "before and after" photos that were posted in the previous thread, of comic books that I have pressed:

Spine3b.png

Spine3a.png

Spine2b-1.png

Spine2a-1.png

Corner13b.png

Corner13a.png

Corner11b.png

Corner11a.png

80,936 posts
hm

2,693 posts

I would highly recommend his services. Great work, great communication, and very honest suggestions.

9,528 posts

Thanks aszumilo! :)

:bump: PM me if you want to send in books for an end of July CGC submission! If I have your books by July 15th, that will give me the 10 business days needed to get them finished by the end of the month. (thumbs u

3,887 posts

KoR does superior work. I'd recommend him before any other pressing companies. Thanks again dude!

Jerome

3,580 posts
KoR does superior work. I'd recommend him before any other pressing companies. Thanks again dude!

Jerome

+1

13,089 posts

KoR is top notch.

(thumbs u

9,528 posts

Thanks so much for the kind words gents.

Got a couple of new before and after pictures from June's submissions:

Primerb.png

Primera.png

7-11Cornerb.png

7-11Cornera.png

80,936 posts

Primerb.png

Primera.png

Whoa!!!!

What did that come back as?

:popcorn:

9,528 posts

Don't know yet. June's submissions probably won't be graded until early August. ;)

80,936 posts

lol

It looks like a beauty!

Great luck with the results, Stephen.

9,528 posts

Some new pictures:

GSX #1

GSXSpineb.png

GSXSpine2a.png

GSXSpine2b.png

GSXSpinea.png

GSXCornerb.png

GSXCornera.png

Amazing Spider-Man #7

Spine4b.png

Spine4a.png

80,936 posts
:applause:

9,528 posts

:bump:

I can't take anymore submissions for this month as I'm at capacity, but keep me in mind for September! :foryou:

80,936 posts
:bump:

I can't take anymore submissions for this month as I'm at capacity, but keep me in mind for September! :foryou:

Will do!

;)

9,528 posts

Got some great grades back today.

That Giant-Size X-Men #1 that I posted the before and after pictures of a few posts up, was cracked out of a CGC 7.5 holder. It came back CGC 9.4.

As well, an Incredible Hulk #181 that was cracked out of a CGC 9.0 holder was pressed up to a CGC 9.4.