• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing & CGC Submission Service

36 posts in this topic

ACC%20logo2.png.opt289x288o0,0s289x288.png

A new thread for American Comics and Collectibles', "Comic Book Pressing Service". The previous thread was getting a bit cluttered. If you want to see the previous thread, go here:

Previous Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic info and background of the service:

http://www.comicpressing.com/

On the website, you'll find testimonials about the service (some testimonials can also be found in the previous thread), information regarding the service, prices, pictures as well as a blog that has information regarding restoration, pedigree collections and other random comic book topics!

I have been pressing comic books since early 2008. In all, I have pre-screened tens of thousands of pressing candidates, and have actually pressed in the area of 1,500+ comic books. I have worked on books from across the ages and price ranges; 1930s to current, and worth very little (in terms of money not nostalgia) to worth many thousands of dollars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a part of my service, I offer free pre-screening. I am aware that the primary purpose for pressing (for most people) is for profit. With the goal of producing profit for clients, I do my best to grade each comic book and to determine if pressing would be financially beneficial to the client. Unless the instance is very black and white, and I already know what grade must be achieved, I will send the client a list of what I think each book will be graded (by CGC). I make a recommendation, and at that point allow the client the final decision on the course of action. In probably 50% of cases, I am of the opinion that a given comic book should not be pressed or CGC graded because the benefit obtained by pressing isn't enough to offset the costs of pressing, grading and shipping.

Prices

----------

$10 for items published in 1980-current.

$20 for items published 1979-prior.

Turnaround Time

---------------------

For one invoice, it is 10 business days. Depending on submission volume, it may be less or more, but 10 business days on average.

CGC Cost

--------------

10% off the regular CGC prices which can be found here:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

Shipping to CGC

------------------------

I cover the cost to send all items to CGC. I send one shipment at the end of month to CGC via USPS Priority Mail.

Return Shipping

-----------------------

$9 for the first comic book / $2 for each additional (uninsured, via UPS Ground)

Here is the submission form. Please include this for all comic books sent to me, as I need the info for organizational purposes and for return shipping information.

th_PressingForm2.jpg

Send me a PM if you're interested! Thanks for looking!

Thanks aszumilo! :)

:bump: PM me if you want to send in books for an end of July CGC submission! If I have your books by July 15th, that will give me the 10 business days needed to get them finished by the end of the month. (thumbs u

Got some great grades back today.

That Giant-Size X-Men #1 that I posted the before and after pictures of a few posts up, was cracked out of a CGC 7.5 holder. It came back CGC 9.4.

As well, an Incredible Hulk #181 that was cracked out of a CGC 9.0 holder was pressed up to a CGC 9.4.