• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would I sell an X-Men #6 with major flaw otherwise VF/NM

2 posts in this topic

I bought a copy of x-men #6 from my local comic shop awhile ago because it was absolutely perfect except for on the back cover there is a small 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch piece missing from the lower right hand corner. The rest of the comic is a solid VF/NM. There are no spine stresses and sharp corners. CGC did not give this comic a qualified grade but instead gave in a universal 6.5 which kind of confuses me. Now I am thinking about selling this comic but how would you advertise it. It really is much nicer than a FN+ except for the defect mentioned. So for the price of a 6.5 someone could be getting a book that looks like a 9.0. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Have a good weekend,

Ericc123

List it on ebay as "X-men 6 CGC 6.5 (looks VF/NM 9.0)" and provide a big scan (back cover too), with the description you just gave. There are plenty of collectors that are looking for nice looking books at a nice price....