• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

really ebayers

34 posts in this topic

This is not to promote my auction just to rant

I have a hulk 180 181 and 182 on ebay that i cant sell..180 and 181 missing stamp but complete otherwise and 181 has heavy inking on cover..the entire the incredible hulk logo is colored in..Its cheap at 99.99 bid and 129.00 BIn but I cant get anything with only today left to sell..

Yet there is another person selling hulk 180 181 and 182..All 3 stamps are missing and hulk 181 missing 3 pages including a story page and a rat ate through the entire bottom right side of comic but his auction is at 150.00 buks with 2 days left on it...

Is inking on cover really worse than 3 pages missing including a story page and the entire bottom right side missing?

Im confused but feel better now

Not always, but many times, yes. You have to get the pump primed before the real action starts.

+1

This seems to attract alot more interest. Not every time, but most. At least that's how it's been with my listing's

DR.X

trying to help so do not take it wrong >

you have a dozen pictures but most of them are really bad

I have to assume that you do not have a scanner

even with the pictures

download them to photobucket and

create a thumbnail link in the body of your listing

that way prospective buyers can view LARGE full screen images

Put them up as a "Buy it now" for $199 with a "make a best offer" option. I'll bet you get want you want in a few days.

This option is a good one. The problem with most auctions that start high or have a reserve, is the common buyer does not feel that they might get the item for a deal. If you honestly feel that it could fetch what you want, let it ride. Most action on ebay takes place in the last hour. If you start something low, you'll attract more buyers/watchers.

That's the one thing that sucks about auctions. You're hoping that the right buyer or two, who realizes the value of said items, HAPPENS to be looking for said item, when you're trying to sell. You win some, you lose some :preach:

I often see books pass unsold at a BIN price only to see them sell at auction for much more than the BIN price.

Strange days, indeed.

Because many people never even look at BINs because the vast majority are insanely overpriced, so after a while they stop looking because the hope of finding one reasonably priced BIN is just not worth the effort anymore.