• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69 piece of art for sale; Covers, splashes, pages & more!

70 posts in this topic

$4500.

batvillians.jpg

I had my eye on this GRAIL piece for a long, long time. This piece of art is over a foot and a half tall and it is 4 FEET LONG! It is, BY FAR, the largest art piece Budd Root has ever done. There is so much detail to this piece. The photo of it really does not do it any justice. It's just way too big to scan. From left to right, here is the line up: Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Riddler, Penguin, Two-face, Solomon Grundy, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Joker, Batgirl, Batman, Mr. Freeze & Catwoman. Budd really took his time to catch the perfect facial expressions & emotion of all 13 characters. Even the stone work of the prison has amazing detail. Also, as usual, Budd put all the right curves in all the right places! You can really tell Budd put a lot of time into this masterpiece.

Still available!

and this 4 foot long masterpiece!

ncredible page inked by one of the best 60's artists, Matt Fox. I could never figure out why Marvel did not use his talent on any of the covers. Can you imagine his Basil Wolverton style of art on one of the Marvel Superheroes? According to comics.org, JIM #102 was the last book Matt Fox ever did, and this is the last page of that story. His art is VERY HARD to come by! Asking $1200

journey102.jpg

SOLD! Thank you!

Cavewoman : Prehistoric Pin-ups #5 splash page by Budd Root. Budd captured the essence of Frankenstein perfectly as he whisks away Meriem. This piece also has a completely different penciled prelim of Meriem laying across Frankenstein's lap. EXTRA BONUS: This piece also has a Budd Root prelim on the back with Frankenstein & Meriem in a completely different pose! VERY NICE! Asking $1275

zzzz.jpg

SOLD.