• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel censorship question

42 posts in this topic

Yeah, but that's not showing all of the brestice. The nipply bit is covered by her hair. This isn't anything you wouldn't see on network TV nowadays.

I'm pretty sure nipples look like the one in the picture NOT covered by her hair.

Sorry, that's still a hair curl, just like the one on her right shoulder.

Her left nipple would not be in that specific location, and it would be lighter in color.

If visible, it would be up and to the left of that particular hair curl just a bit.

Emma is... shall we say... "lighter" and "perkier" than that black half-circle.

Yeah, but that's not showing all of the brestice. The nipply bit is covered by her hair. This isn't anything you wouldn't see on network TV nowadays.

I'm pretty sure nipples look like the one in the picture NOT covered by her hair.

I can only speak for myself and say that I've seen one. That ain't one.

I will echo the fine gentlemen above and point out that it's a curl of hair.

Sorry, that's still a hair curl, just like the one on her right shoulder.

Her left nipple would not be in that specific location, and it would be lighter in color.

If visible, it would be up and to the left of that particular hair curl just a bit.

Emma is... shall we say... "lighter" and "perkier" than that black half-circle.

Crikey, you're right on the hair curl. I can see it now.

You're wrong about nipple position though as this is comics. Had that been drawn by Liefeld the nipple may well have been on top of her head :grin:

At first glance I thought it was a nipple and I was a bit pissed off that they gave Emma such shotty boobs....closer inspection reveals it to be a hair curl that looks like a nipple because it comes from behind Beast so you don't immediately see the rest of the hair.

Oh, I don't know, Chuck... hm 'sensitive' Richard Corben fans like us need to be well sheltered and protected from this sort of thing. :)

lol

Wow Paul, now you got me to thinking about if Corben ever got a chance to draw Emma Frost... in a Marvel Max title... with no editorial interference...

Holy cow, I think we just figured out a way to save Marvel!

Chuck...

One more thought about why he'd be a good choice for a MAX version. Basically, Corben's already created a very similar character. In Neverwhere there's the Red Queen; aloof, superior-acting, manipulative, with an even more minimal and Puritan-terrifying dress code than Emma Frost's. So obvious I missed it at first.

Oh, I don't know, Chuck... hm 'sensitive' Richard Corben fans like us need to be well sheltered and protected from this sort of thing. :)

lol

Wow Paul, now you got me to thinking about if Corben ever got a chance to draw Emma Frost... in a Marvel Max title... with no editorial interference...

Holy cow, I think we just figured out a way to save Marvel!

Chuck...

One more thought about why he'd be a good choice for a MAX version. Basically, Corben's already created a very similar character. In Neverwhere there's the Red Queen; aloof, superior-acting, manipulative, with an even more minimal and Puritan-terrifying dress code than Emma Frost's. So obvious I missed it at first.

Perfect!

I'm going to have to dig that out and scan it....

Corben is a genius.
Won't surprise you to learn I agree with that completely, Andrew.

He's also in the running for the Eisner Award for Best Penciller / Inker this year.

One of the finest visual storytellers ever to work in comics getting well-deserved recognition. (thumbs u