• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You have got to see this!

21 posts in this topic

EDIT: I am an insufficiently thoughtful person.

So I'm in California visiting my old best friend from Jr. High School. We're both in our late 30's and in 7th grade comics is what brought us together.

I had a killer collection, but right around 1992 or so my whole collection got stolen. Levi (my friend) still has his old collection and told me he's going to give me the bulk of it. Right now I'm about to take home a huge box full of old comics from the 80's.

I helped him cherry pick the ones he wants to keep, letting him know the comics that I know are of value. Among them were comics like Hulk 102.

Now..... look what we found. Look what this lucky SOB paid pennies for out of someone's overstock decades ago.

starwars35.jpg

Dont worry weve all been there man. At least the short term rush is always fun.

Actually, that's a good point. Now I actually know what it feels like to find such a gem.

It reminds me of a story the counselor told in my smoking cessation class. One of the side effects of Wellbutrin - a drug used to reduce cravings - is having vivid dreams. She said one of her patients had a dream he won the lottery, and it was so real to him he was really upset when he woke up and realized it was just a dream.