• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tank Girl Dark Horse Print Run

13 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find some information for awhile and I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help. I've had no luck trying to contact anyone from Dark Horse or using the Dark Horse forums. I'm trying to find out an estimate of the size of the print runs of Tank Girl and Tank Girl 2 printed by Dark Horse. I've heard they were small but I'm not sure how small is small. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I've been trying to find some information for awhile and I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help. I've had no luck trying to contact anyone from Dark Horse or using the Dark Horse forums. I'm trying to find out an estimate of the size of the print runs of Tank Girl and Tank Girl 2 printed by Dark Horse. I've heard they were small but I'm not sure how small is small. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

According to GCD site Dark Horse published 5 issues of Tank Girl and 4 issues of Tank Girl 2.

Really? I've only ever seen 4 of each and I was actually asking for the print run size as in how many copies of each issue were printed to be sold. And Tank Girl was 1991 and Tank Girl 2 was 1993

Some discussion here; you can try to contact DH admin for further specifics (although thread was

a long while back)?

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?t=435&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=9dec3e3ff8c51b244d93703ee39f454f

"While we (the folks at Dark Horse) like Tank Girl a whole crapload, there are a few things we should let ya know:

1) Hewlitt/Martin took Tank Girl to DC Comics around the time of the movie (maybe a little bit after). At that point, we could no longer produce or reprint any Tank Girl material.

2) H/M may still have a relationship with DC Comics, but we don't know. Plus we don't what the nature of their movie deal is/was. They may have sold the rights to produce comics (it happens sometimes in Hollywood) for a certain time period or they may have just outright sold the character to the studio.

3) While there is a cult following for Tank Girl, it took us a *long* time to sell out of our small print runs of the comics and trades. The higher ups (rightly so) wouldn't want to invest in another print (if it's even possible) that would take another 5-8 years to go through, tying up cash and costing us money to store the remaining copies.

So basically, while it's not terribly likely that DH will reprint Tank Girl any time soon, it's also not completely out of the ballpark!"

I actually sent a message to the admin who posted that several weeks ago and have yet to get a response and have also contacted just Dark Horse in general a couple times with no response. That was the first thread I found when trying to find out this information.