• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the rarest magazine you own?

237 posts in this topic

This is the hardcover edition.

Vamp001.jpg

Do you know if this is a UK annual ? Never seen one before.

No, this is a limited edition (500) run of the hardcover version of the Vampirella special. They were printed as cheaply as possible in Mexico (Warren trying to save money) and are notorious for spine splits. The story goes that when they (Warren, Bill Dubay) opened the boxes from the printer about roughly half of the books had to be thrown away as they arrived at Warren's offices already falling to pieces.

This is the hardcover edition.

Vamp001.jpg

Do you know if this is a UK annual ? Never seen one before.

No, this is a limited edition (500) run of the hardcover version of the Vampirella special. They were printed as cheaply as possible in Mexico (Warren trying to save money) and are notorious for spine splits. The story goes that when they (Warren, Bill Dubay) opened the boxes from the printer about roughly half of the books had to be thrown away as they arrived at Warren's offices already falling to pieces.

Thanks for that. (thumbs u

Great looking book :golfclap: this is the first time I seen the hardcover edition here, I know its signed by Jose Gonzales I tried getting it for myself but no where to be found :( but I did get the soft cover for an Awesome deal $25.00 :headbang: here it is.

IMG_0518.jpg

Nice copies guys. Being the Vampirella hoarder that I am I have about a dozen copies of the soft cover but only one of the hardbound. :P

If any of you decide to sell them, let me know. :wishluck:

As far as my rarest magazine? I still don't have a copy of After Hours or Pussycat, not that I haven't seen them offered, just they aren't quite as nice as I would hope so I usually pass... I'd have to say this one is my "rarest" as far as magazines go? Only 4 ever graded and this is top census. (shrug)

SCANTest3.jpg

My rarest? hm

As far as graded it would probably be the After Hours...

AH1.jpg

AH2_80.jpg

AH3_98.jpg

Coming in a close second would be my Blazing Combat #1 signed by Frazetta mainly because it's the only #1 he signed, and it's fairly tough to find in decent shape.

blazing1SS.jpg

I think it would be my copies of Hellrider 1 and 2 from Skywald. Not super rare, but they were tougher to find in nice shape than Spirit World, In the Days of the Mob or Crime Machine.

Since a few famous celebrities were pictured on magazine pages wearing a strange sheepskin boot, Ugg boots or "Uggs" have shot to the top tier of the fashion stakes. This is quite a feat for an item that at first look belongs to another age. But the growing popularity of this type of footwear means that cheap Uggs are readily available now and you too can be sure to stand out in a street full of people.

In order to understand the look of the Ugg boot we first need to understand where they originated from. It is not known exactly where and when the first boot hit the streets but they were already a fixture of rural life among the sheep farmers of Australia and New Zealand back in the early part of the twentieth century. Australian pilots during the First World War also used them to insulate their feet when flying in sub-zero temperatures at altitude.

Nowadays in those countries "Ugg" has become a generic term as much as "shoe" so that no one company there can attain a patent. In the US and elsewhere this is not the case, where, in fact, the Deckers Outdoor Corporation holds the trademark for over one hundred countries.

ugg boots Classic ugg boots

Ugg boots 5803

Since a few famous celebrities were pictured on magazine pages wearing a strange sheepskin boot, Ugg boots or "Uggs" have shot to the top tier of the fashion stakes. This is quite a feat for an item that at first look belongs to another age. But the growing popularity of this type of footwear means that cheap Uggs are readily available now and you too can be sure to stand out in a street full of people.

In order to understand the look of the Ugg boot we first need to understand where they originated from. It is not known exactly where and when the first boot hit the streets but they were already a fixture of rural life among the sheep farmers of Australia and New Zealand back in the early part of the twentieth century. Australian pilots during the First World War also used them to insulate their feet when flying in sub-zero temperatures at altitude.

Nowadays in those countries "Ugg" has become a generic term as much as "shoe" so that no one company there can attain a patent. In the US and elsewhere this is not the case, where, in fact, the Deckers Outdoor Corporation holds the trademark for over one hundred countries.

ugg boots Classic ugg boots

Ugg boots 5803

???

Welcome to the boards? (shrug)