• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the rarest magazine you own?

237 posts in this topic

These I guess are my rarest "magazines", a full run of Yellow Kid 1-9 from 1897

run.image_zpsom99m7tg.jpg

image_zpsoos4xkl6.jpg

image_zpskrtqf1sw.jpg

image_zpsfkenvjjk.jpg

image_zpsxtjbj56y.jpg

image_zpsfbz03rhk.jpg

image_zpscqjok3ao.jpg

image_zpsgoaxlw6u.jpg

image_zps8ah7pznb.jpg

image_zps4i5yudew.jpg

Yeah. You win.

These I guess are my rarest "magazines", a full run of Yellow Kid 1-9 from 1897 run.

Yeah. You win.

Indeed.... Where did Junkdrawer get those? It's not like new opportunities to get those can ever be expected to come up in most people's lifetimes.

These I guess are my rarest "magazines", a full run of Yellow Kid 1-9 from 1897

run.

Yeah. You win.

I'm... not... worthy...

(worship)

I met a flea market seller last year around this time and I told him I like to buy comic books and he said he had some at home. I met up with him and these were those. The sold as a graded lot on HA last August. The broke 20k with BP.

I pressed them and sent them in. The paper was old and likely had a high cotton content so the pressed like a T shirt. For whatever reason the corners were cut, it no doubt made a big difference I'm sure. To this day I still wonder why they were cut. They all had white pages amazingly.

I was looking at a Disney collectors guide last night and an image caught my eye. It was the cover of a magazine that I had picked up earlier this year and I had no idea it was something special. It's an early published appearance of Mickey Mouse

IMG_2836_zpscy29ua73.jpg

IMG_2838_zpskmrd5gkl.jpg

IMG_2837_zps8mp4qwrp.jpg

IMG_2839_zpsznalyoum.jpg

These I guess are my rarest "magazines", a full run of Yellow Kid 1-9 from 1897 run.

Yeah. You win.

Indeed.... Where did Junkdrawer get those? It's not like new opportunities to get those can ever be expected to come up in most people's lifetimes.

JD -- is this the set that was on Heritage awhile back? Regardless, that is a great set. :applause:

Not my rarest, probably -- but rare, interesting, and comic-art related. This is from the final year of the first magazine to call itself Vanity Fair (not related to the current incarnation, there have been several publications to use this name). Interesting comic art content.

165483.jpg.423782142ed70727148acd1f7ed2ca38.jpg

Yeah. You win.

JD -- is this the set that was on Heritage awhile back? Regardless, that is a great set. :applause:

Not my rarest, probably -- but rare, interesting, and comic-art related. This is from the final year of the first magazine to call itself Vanity Fair (not related to the current incarnation, there have been several publications to use this name). Interesting comic art content.

yes that was my little run. A local find for under $900

These would probably be my only contribution to this thread..... 1st Smurfs and 1st Smurfs cover.... not too many slabbed (...yet)..... I never realized they went back to 1958....I had always thought they were just an offshoot of the Huygen/Poortvliet best seller "Gnomes" from 1976. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

34MspfC.png

These would probably be my only contribution to this thread..... 1st Smurfs and 1st Smurfs cover.... not too many slabbed (...yet)..... I never realized they went back to 1958....I had always thought they were just an offshoot of the Huygen/Poortvliet best seller "Gnomes" from 1976. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

34MspfC.png

(thumbs u