• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the rarest magazine you own?

237 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

Jeffrey (Catherine) Jones was amazing. I wish I could find where the quote came from and if it was really true but evidently Frazetta referred to Jones as "the greatest living painter.". I hadn't heard that until I saw it in Jones obituary. I'd say that is pretty high praise.

Think about the talent at the studio. Still want a hardcover first print of that.

:acclaim:

Jeffrey (Catherine) Jones was amazing. I wish I could find where the quote came from and if it was really true but evidently Frazetta referred to Jones as "the greatest living painter.". I hadn't heard that until I saw it in Jones obituary. I'd say that is pretty high praise.

Think about the talent at the studio. Still want a hardcover first print of that.

I still need to pick up a nice copy of The Studio. :applause:

Sorry for the lighting, I don't do this much. I've never seen this for sale before or since the one time I found it on ebay. Although I'm guessing EwanUK has it! It's a Marvel UK magazine and it was Alan Moore's first work for Marvel.

FranticWinterSpecial.jpg

A couple more rare ones to come...